Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care for Adolescents
|Adolescent Behaviour Family Functioning||Behavioral: Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care Behavioral: Treatment as usual||Phase 4|
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Single Blind (Outcomes Assessor)
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care for Adolescents|
- Strengths and difficulties questionnaire, Child Behavior Checklist [ Time Frame: 12 months post baseline ]Measuring child/youth behaviour
- Parental Stress Scale [ Time Frame: 12 months post baseline ]Measuring parental stress
- Sense of Cohesion 13 [ Time Frame: 12 months post baseline ]Measuring stress in human functioning
- Ladder of life [ Time Frame: 12 months post baseline ]Measuring overall quality of life
- Major Depression Index 10 [ Time Frame: 12 months post baseline ]Measuring parent's depression symptoms
- Other outcomes [ Time Frame: 12 months post baseline ]crime (register and self-report) school truancy (register and self-report) general health including substance abuse (self-report)
|Study Start Date:||November 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||June 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 2015 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Out of home placement in MTFC family program
Behavioral: Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care
Out of home placement in MTFC family for 10-12 months
Active Comparator: TAU
Other kind of out of home placement
Behavioral: Treatment as usual
Other kinds of out of home placement
Other Name: TAU
It is difficult to treat adolescents with serious behaviour problems. Although the number of adolescents displaying serious behaviour problems is limited, they are a serious concern to the society e.g. because of their frequent violent behaviour, criminal activities and lack of school adherence.
Multidimensional Treatment Foster Care (MTFC)is a community-based treatment program developed in USA. The goal of the MTFC program is to decrease problem behaviour and to increase developmentally appropriate normative and prosocial behavior in adolescents who are in need of out-of-home placement.
This study will evaluate the effect of MTFC on adolescents in out-of-home placement.
Participants will be recruited by caseworkers in the municipalities and randomly assigned to either MTFC or TAU. TAU will consist of other kinds of out-of-home placements. Outcomes will be assessed for all participants at baseline, post-treatment (12 months), and 12 months post-treatment. Parents and youth will be asked to fill out questionnaires on e.g. behaviour, parental stress, sense of cohesion, general health.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01726361
|SFI the Danish National Centre for Social Research|
|Copenhagen, Denmark, 1052|
|Study Director:||Mette Deding||SFI the Danish National Centre for Social Research|