Multicenter Study of Denture Adhesive (DAG)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01712802|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 24, 2012
Last Update Posted : March 29, 2017
To establish evidence based guidelines for denture adhesives (powder and cream), multicenter cross over randomized clinical trial will be carried out.
The null hypotheses are that there are no difference on improvement from baseline to post application of two adhesives powder and cream, in terms of general satisfaction, oral related quality of life, masticatory function and oral conditions.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Edentulous||Other: Denture Adhesives: Cream Other: Denture Adhesives: Powder Other: Saline||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||200 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Multicenter Randomized Clinical Study of Denture Adhesive to Establish the Guideline|
|Actual Study Start Date :||December 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2017|
Experimental: Denture Adhesives: Cream
Parallel arm that receives application of Cream denture adhesives.
Other: Denture Adhesives: Cream
Using Polident as denture adhesive to compare its effect on PRO and subjective outcomes.
Other Name: Polident
Experimental: Denture Adhesives: Powder
Parallel arm that receives application of powder denture adhesive.
Other: Denture Adhesives: Powder
Using Poligrip powder as denture adhesive to compare its effect on PRO and subjective outcomes.
Other Name: Poligrip powder
Placebo Comparator: control
Parallel arm that receive placebo.
work as control for Denture Adhesives: Cream and Powder
Other Name: Otsuka normal saline
- General satisfaction Patient reported outcomes [ Time Frame: day 3 of adhesives application ]General satisfaction (100mm visual analogue scale)
- Moisture Objective outcomes [ Time Frame: day 3 of each adhesives application ]moisture(%)
- masticatory function [ Time Frame: day 3 of each adhesives application ]Color change of chewing gum measured by color sensing machine (color scale: categorical)
- retentive force [ Time Frame: day 3 of each adhesives application ]The maximum occlusal force that can bite before denture moves(N)
- Oral related quality of life [ Time Frame: day 3 of adhesives application ]Oral health impact profile (OHIP) edentulous Japanese version
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01712802
|Matsudo, Chiba, Japan, 2718587|
|Study Chair:||Yasuhiko Kawai, DDS MSc PhD||Nihon University|