A Phase 1, Open-label, Multiple Dose Escalation Trial to Determine Safety and Tolerability of Once Daily OPB-111077 in Subjects With Advanced Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01711034|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 22, 2012
Last Update Posted : April 5, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Solid Tumors||Drug: OPB-111077||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||145 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase 1, Open-label, Multiple Dose Escalation Trial to Determine Safety and Tolerability of Once Daily OPB-111077 in Subjects With Advanced Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2015|
In escalation stage of study, treatment with a once daily dose of OPB-111077 during cycles 1 and 2 on day 1, followed by 2-day treatment free interval, and then resuming daily dosing on day 4 through day 28. For cycle 3 and beyond, OPB-111077 will be administered for 28 continuous days per cycle until MTD is reached.
In expansion portion of study, established dose of 250mg administered once daily for 28 consecutive days for each cycle. Patient in expansion are defined as those who meet eligibility criteria and have a diagnosed malignancy that is presumed to be susceptible to inhibition by OPB-111077
Dose escalation phase starting with dose of 100mg tablets on Day 1 and 4, and all remaining days of each 28 day cycle until disease progression or toxicity develops.
Dose expansion phase starting with daily dosing of 250mg for 28 day consecutive day cycles.
- Safety and tolerability of OPB-111077 [ Time Frame: 28 Days ]AEs, Vital signs,Body weight, ECGs, Laboratory tests, Performance status
- To determine the pharmacokinetics of OPB-111077 [ Time Frame: 28 Days ]The following PK parameters for Food-effect Sub-study (Cmax, AUCtau,AUCt, tmax, CLss/F and t1/2,z) will be determined using a non-compartmental approach for OPB-111077 and selected metabolites after single (Cycle 1, Day 1) and multiple daily doses (Cycle 2, Day 1).
- Pharmacodynamic profile [ Time Frame: 28 Days ]Study drug effects on STAT3 phosphorylation in response to IL-6 will be measured in PBMCs from subjects treated with OPB-111077.
- Antitumor effects [ Time Frame: Assessments will be conducted at Screening, Cycle 3, every 2 cycles (+/- 1 week) thereafter, at the Final/Early Termination Visit, and at the 30-day Follow-up Visit. ]Subjects with measurable disease will be assessed by RECIST Assessments will be conducted at Screening, Cycle 3, every 2 cycles (+/- 1 week) thereafter, at the Final/Early Termination Visit, and at the 30-day Follow-up Visit.
- To determine the MTD of OPB-111077 [ Time Frame: Within the first cycle [28 days]. ]The highest dose at which fewer than 2 of 6 subjects experience DLT during the first 28 day cycle.
- PET Sub-study (Part C) [ Time Frame: 2 weeks ]A sub-study of up to 24 patients with PET-avid tumors where additional PET scans are performed to explore intra-subject PET activity.
- Food-effect Sub-study (Part B) [ Time Frame: 11 days ]An open-label, two-period crossover arm, for pre-selected study sites to determine the effect of food on the rate and extent of absorption (PK) following single dose 250mg OPB-111077.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01711034
|United States, Texas|
|San Antonio, Texas, United States, 78229|
|Study Director:||Edwin Rock, MD, PhD||Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc.|