Screening of Adolescent Mental Suffering (DESPERADOS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01707576|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 16, 2012
Last Update Posted : April 4, 2016
The primary purpose is to estimate the prevalence of depression and subsyndromal states among adolescents 13 to 17 years consulting to hospital emergency rooms for any reason, for they are another way of tracking this suffering, as they host many troubled teens at once for health problems and accidents sometimes iterative, reflecting their risk behaviour.
Secondary purposes are to assess the feasibility and desirability of a post-emergency medical consultation for adolescents who scored high on a self-administered questionnaire, and to assess the impact of this approach by later monitoring.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Depression Adolescent Self-report Questionnaire||Behavioral: consultation 10 days later||Not Applicable|
This is a multicenter longitudinal survey in three emergency centers in Ile-de-France, with 2 periods of daily collection and comprehensive three weeks spread over one year, followed by a remote evaluation.
The project is as follows:
Phase A :
- Evaluation of the prevalence: systematic execution of self-administered questionnaire by all adolescents consulting, night and day in each center.
Phase B :
- For adolescents whose outcome questionnaire exceed 4, a post-emergency consultation will be proposed within 15 days.
- Telephone survey, 12 months after the passage of emergency every teenager who completed self-administered questionnaire and presenting himself to the post-emergency consultation. This survey will aim to assess the psychological status of adolescents and the impact of any specific treatment.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||346 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||SCREENING OF ADOLESCENT MENTAL SUFFERING CONSULTANT TO EMERGENCIES, MANAGEMENT AND Later MONITORING|
|Study Start Date :||February 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2012|
screening of adolescent mental suffering. Management
screening of adolescent mental suffering consultant to emergencies. Management and later monitoring
Behavioral: consultation 10 days later
new depression screening
- Responses to Self-reported questionnaire on risk behaviors, somatic complaints by adolescents and parents [ Time Frame: 10 months ]A self-questionnaire ADRS (Adolescent Depression Rating Scale) will be asked to all adolescents to complete. Also the other questions will be answered by them concenrning somatisations and risk behaviors. Parents respond in the same time a self questionnaire.
- Post-emergency consultation and reassessment of hetero-ADRS clinician questionnaire [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Actual presence of adolescents suspected of depression at the post-emergency consultation and reassessment of their state using the hetero-ADRS-clinician questionnaire.
- Revaluation after one year [ Time Frame: 6 months ]Revaluation after 1 year of the teenagers who come back to visit.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01707576
|Department of paediatric emergencies, Ambroise Paré universitary hospital|
|Boulogne Billancourt, Ile de France, France, 92100|
|Principal Investigator:||Chantal Stheneur, MD||Ambroise Paré University Hospital|