Efficacy Study of a Cosmetic Lotion in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in Males and Females (MEXISPATENT)
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Evaluation of the Efficacy of the Cosmetic Lotion M.P.A.F. (Mixture of Paraffin, Alcohol and Fur) MEXIS PATENT in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia by Decreasing of Hair Loss and Strengthening and Thickening of Hair in Males and Females.|
- Change of the Amount of Hair Loss in a Pull Test [ Time Frame: baseline and 90 days ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
Measurement of the decrease of hair loss by pull test and pulling some hair with the fingers.
Measurements estimated and reported every 15 days. The Measure reports decrease in fallen hair
- Change of the Density of the Hair on a Polarized Light Video-camera as a Measure of Efficacy. [ Time Frame: baseline and 90 days ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Number of hair was assessed for each participant with a polarized light video-camera every 15 days for a total of 6 assessments
- Change of Sebum on a Sebum-meter [ Time Frame: baseline and 90 days ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Measurements checked and reported every 15 days of the decrease of existing sebum on the scalp of the volunteers with a sebum-meter.
|Study Start Date:||February 2001|
|Study Completion Date:||June 2001|
|Primary Completion Date:||June 2001 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
20 volunteers both men and women with an age between 18 and 70 years suffering from Androgenetic Allopecia in several types apply on the scalp drops of the hair loss prevention lotion
Other: Hair loss prevention lotion
For greatest problems 20 drops on the scalp per day for 3 months. For minor problems 10 drops on the scalp three times per week for 3 months.
This study verifies whether the tested product has any efficacy in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.
- The evaluated product (Hair Loss prevention Lotion) is called:MEXIS, MPAF, M6S PATENT.
- 20 volunteers both men and women suffering from hair loss both in parties and over the entire scalp with age between 18 and 70 years have been selected for this test .
- Samples of the product have been applied following their usual use: as they are.
On the selecting volunteers have been used:
- The pull test by pulling with fingers of some hair and counting them to estimate the evolution of the pathology.
- A sebum-meter to check the presence of scales on the scalp.
- A polarized light video-camera to check the redness of the scalp and to have a picture of hair and scalp.
- Volunteers were also asked about:
- Presence of scales on scalp
- Oily hair
- Product's acceptability
- The readings are taken at 0 time (basal value), after 15 days (t15), 30 days (t30), 45 days (t45), 45 days (t45), 60 days (t60) and 90 days (t90) by the experimenter in the medical studio. Then they analyzed and reported in a graph.
- Summarizing tables and graphs of the data were taken during experimentation.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01701271
|Athens, Greece, 11253|
|Study Chair:||Fulvio Marzatico, Monitor||Bio Basic EuropeResearch, Development and Dermo-Cosmetoligical Documentation|