Life Quality and Health in Patients With Klinefelter Syndrome
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01690013|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 21, 2012
Last Update Posted : June 2, 2015
Klinefelter syndrome is the most common sex-chromosome disorder in men with a prevalence of 1 in 660 men. The syndrome is associated with hypogonadism. Many patients with Klinefelter syndrome have psychological complaints and physical discomfort. Some patients report a positive effect of testosterone treatment, whereas others do not.
The aim of this study is:
(i) To investigate quality of life in patients with Klinefelter syndrome. (ii) To investigate functional, physical and mental health in patients with Klinefelter syndrome.
Questionnaire concerning mental and physical health and life quality are sent out to patients with KS and to age-, educational- and zipcode-matched men from the general population. The questionnaire include questions about housing, income, marital status, fatherhood, medication, chronic disease,school and education, attachment to the labor, sexual and erectile function, life quality, mental and physical health, satisfaction with life and symptoms of attention deficits hyperactivity disorders.
|Condition or disease|
|Klinefelter Syndrome Quality of Life Physical Disorders Mental Disorders|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||452 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Life Quality and Health in Patients With Klinefelter Syndrome - a Questionnaire Survey|
|Study Start Date :||September 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2014|
Men with Klinefelter syndrome
Men from the general population, matched by age, education and zipcode.
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: 3 month ]Quality of life score is measured with the WHOQOL-Brief questionnaire
- Satisfaction with life [ Time Frame: 3 month ]Satisfaction with life is measured with the SWLS - Satisfaction with Life Scale
- ADHD symptoms [ Time Frame: 3 month ]ADHD symptoms are measured by Adult ADHD Self-Report Scale (ASRS-v1.1) Symptom Checklist
- General health [ Time Frame: 3 month ]General health is measured by SF-36 questionnaire
- Erectile function [ Time Frame: 3 month ]Erectile function is measured by the International index of erectile function (IIEF-5) as a diagnostic tool for erectile function.
- Housing [ Time Frame: 3 month ]
- Fatherhood [ Time Frame: 3 month ]
- School and educational [ Time Frame: 3 month ]Information about school and education
- Income [ Time Frame: 3 month ]
- Attachment to the labor [ Time Frame: 3 month ]working position, working hour, period of sick leave
- Marital status [ Time Frame: 3 month ]
- Medication [ Time Frame: 3 month ]
- Chronic disease [ Time Frame: 3 month ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01690013
|Medical Department M, Aarhus Universityhospital|
|Aarhus, Denmark, 8000|
|Principal Investigator:||Claus H Gravholt, MD, Dr.med.||Medical Department M, Aarhus Universityhospital, Aarhus|