The Compliance of Varenicline With Short-massage (CV-SM)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01656083|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified July 2012 by yu hong xia, China-Japan Friendship Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : August 2, 2012
Last Update Posted : August 2, 2012
|Condition or disease|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||220 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||The Compliance of Varenicline Usage and the Smoking Abstinence Rate Via Mobile Phone Text Messaging Combine With Varenicline: a Single-blind, Randomised Control Trial|
|Study Start Date :||May 2010|
|Primary Completion Date :||July 2011|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2012|
SM intervention + varenicline
In intervention group, SM is delivered by a standard designed SM platform system. The interactive SM supports are involved and trained professional staff will provide guidance regularly. The drug usage in two groups are the same.
Non-SM intervention group: varenicline
- Drug compliance varenicline [ Time Frame: 4weeks ]Drug compliance for 4 weeks: defined as the proportion of patients who use Varenicline for 4 weeks to all the patients in this group.
- Continuous abstinence(CA) rates [ Time Frame: 24weeks ]
- Drug compliance for 6, 8, 10 and 12 weeks: the proportion of patients using varenicline for 6, 8,10 and 12 weeks to all the patients;
- Continuous abstinence(CA) rates: These rates are defined as the proportion of participants who met abstinence criteria for weeks 9 through 12 and reported no smoking or use of tobacco products at clinic or telephone visits, confirmed by exhaled carbon monoxide measurement of 10 ppm or less at clinic visits only.
- Long-term abstinence rates: it is the rate at the follow-up of the 24th week and verified by exhaled CO test.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01656083
|Beijing, Germany, 100029|
|Contact: xu jing, faculty 008610-84205204|
|Contact: liu chao wu, master 008610-84206185|
|Sub-Investigator: chen xin, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: liu chao wu, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: liu chao wu, Master|
|Sub-Investigator: su nan, MD|
|Principal Investigator: yu hong xia, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: lin jiang tao, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: wang tao, MD|
|Principal Investigator: yuan jiang, PHD|
|Principal Investigator: YAN YANG, PHD|