A Human Trial to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Fermented Turmeric in Subjects Showing Mild Hepatic Injury
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01634256|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 6, 2012
Results First Posted : October 4, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 4, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Mild Hepatic Injury||Dietary Supplement: Placebo Dietary Supplement: Fermented turmeric||Phase 2 Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||60 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Investigator)|
|Study Start Date :||February 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2012|
|Experimental: Fermented turmeric||
Dietary Supplement: Fermented turmeric
|Placebo Comparator: Placebo||
Dietary Supplement: Placebo
- Changes in ALT(Alanine Transaminase) [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]ALT was measured in study visit 1(0 week) and visit 3(12 week).
- Changes in AST(Aspartate Transaminase) [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]AST was measured in study visit 1(0 week) and visit 3(12 week).
- Changes in ALP(Alkaline Phosphatase) [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]ALP was measured in study visit 1(0 week) and visit 3(12 week).
- Changes in γ-GT(Gamma-Glutamyl Transferase) [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]γ-GT was measured in study visit 1(0 week) and visit 3(12 week).
- Changes in Serum Bilirubin [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]serum bilirubin was measured in study visit 1(0 week) and visit 3(12 week).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01634256
|Korea, Republic of|
|Clinical Trial Center for Functional Foods; Chonbuk National University Hospital|
|Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, Korea, Republic of, 560-822|
|Principal Investigator:||Sang-Wook Kim, MS||Chonbuk National University Hospital|