Nutritional Status and Quality of Life in Older Adults (NSQLOP)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01627496|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 25, 2012
Last Update Posted : July 4, 2012
The aim of this study is to determine the nutritional status, and factors affecting malnutrition in older people staying in hospitals.
- To recruit a sample of older people in hospital
- To collect information on nutritional status, satisfaction with food-related life and experience with access to food in hospital.
- To assess the staffing attitudes to nutritional care of the older adult
- To undertake an audit of therapeutic ('special') diets served in hospitals, with respect to their nutritional adequacy and wastage
- To investigate predictors and correlates of malnutrition within the hospital setting and compare these relationships with those previously identified in care homes and the community.
- To make recommendations for practice to improve the nutritional status of hospitalised older adults.
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||40 participants|
|Official Title:||Nutritional Status and Quality of Life in Older Hospitalised Adults|
|Study Start Date :||September 2010|
|Primary Completion Date :||January 2011|
|Study Completion Date :||December 2011|
- Nutritional status [ Time Frame: baseline ]Using MNA
- Satisfaction with food related quality of life [ Time Frame: baseline ]
- Dietary intake [ Time Frame: baseline ]3 x 24hr recalls
- Food Access in Hospital [ Time Frame: baseline ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01627496
|Royal Surrey County Hospital|
|Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom|
|Principal Investigator:||Noraida Omar, BSc||University of Surrey|