Screening for Advanced Heart Failure Treatment (SEE-HF) (SEE-HF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01626404|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 22, 2012
Last Update Posted : January 30, 2019
|Condition or disease|
|Advanced Heart Failure CRT and/or ICD|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||99 participants|
|Official Title:||Screening for Advanced Heart Failure Treatment (SEE-HF)|
|Study Start Date :||October 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2016|
All patients enrolled in the study
- Proportion of patients [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Proportion of heart failure patients followed in outpatient clinic that are NYHA III-IV with LVEF </= 40% and a CRT and/or ICD who have an indication without contraindication for heart transplantationi and/or DT LVAD.
- Reasons for non-referral [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assess physician's reasons for non-referral of patients for LVAD/transplant evaluation.
- Patient's reasons [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assess patients reasons for declining LVAD/transplant as a treatment option.
- Actual and predicted 12 month survival [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assess the actual and predicted 12 month survival (predicted by VO2, the Heart Failure Survival Score (HFSS) and the Seattle Heart Failure Model (SHFM)).
- Simple clinical parameters for referral [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Identify simple clinical parameters that can be used by physicians to refer patients for LVAD/transplant evaluation at an optimal time.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01626404
|CHU of Nantes|
|Hannover Medical Center|
|University Clinical Center Tuebingen|
|Erasmus Medical Center|
|Karolinska University Hospital|
|University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Trust|
|Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Study Director:||Laura Damme, BSN, MPH||Thoratec Europe Limited|