Screening for Advanced Heart Failure Treatment (SEE-HF) (SEE-HF)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01626404|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 22, 2012
Last Update Posted : April 19, 2016
|Condition or disease|
|Advanced Heart Failure CRT and/or ICD|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||99 participants|
|Official Title:||Screening for Advanced Heart Failure Treatment (SEE-HF)|
|Study Start Date :||October 2012|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2016|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2016|
All patients enrolled in the study
- Proportion of patients [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Proportion of heart failure patients followed in outpatient clinic that are NYHA III-IV with LVEF </= 40% and a CRT and/or ICD who have an indication without contraindication for heart transplantationi and/or DT LVAD.
- Reasons for non-referral [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assess physician's reasons for non-referral of patients for LVAD/transplant evaluation.
- Patient's reasons [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assess patients reasons for declining LVAD/transplant as a treatment option.
- Actual and predicted 12 month survival [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Assess the actual and predicted 12 month survival (predicted by VO2, the Heart Failure Survival Score (HFSS) and the Seattle Heart Failure Model (SHFM)).
- Simple clinical parameters for referral [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Identify simple clinical parameters that can be used by physicians to refer patients for LVAD/transplant evaluation at an optimal time.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01626404
|CHU of Nantes|
|Hannover Medical Center|
|University Clinical Center Tuebingen|
|Erasmus Medical Center|
|Karolinska University Hospital|
|University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Trust|
|Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Study Director:||Laura Damme, BSN, MPH||Thoratec Europe Limited|