HBV DNA Levels During Pregnancy in Chronic Hepatitis B
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
|Hepatitis B Pregnancy|
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Serial HBV DNA Levels During Pregnancy in Patients With Chronic Hepatitis B: a Prospective Observational Follow-up Study|
|Study Start Date:||January 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||December 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||December 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
This is a prospective observational follow-up study in a single center.
Number of patients: It is estimated to enroll 100 patients in Taiwan.
Female patients with pregnancy confirmed, at least 20 years of age diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B. The patients are able to communicate well, provide informed consent and willing to participate in the entire study.
Patients must meet all of the following criteria
- Documented chronic hepatitis B defined by clinical history compatible with chronic hepatitis B and detectable serum HBsAg
- Female 20 years of age with confirmed pregnancy
- Willing and able to comply with all the requirements in the observational followup study
- Willing and able to provide written informed consent to participate in the study
Patients will be excluded from the study for any of the following reasons:
- Concurrent infection with hepatitis C virus (HCV), hepatitis D virus (HDV) or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- One or more known primary or secondary causes of liver disease other than hepatitis B (e.g., alcoholism, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis, autoimmune hepatitis, malignancy with hepatic involvement, hemochromatosis, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, Wilson's disease, other congenital or metabolic conditions affecting the liver, congestive heart failure or other severe cardiopulmonary disease).
- Any other concurrent medical or psychosocial condition likely to preclude compliance with the schedule of evaluations in the protocol or likely to confound the efficacy or safety observations of the study.
- Enrolled or planning to enroll in another clinical trial of an investigational agent while participating in this study.
- Patients with antiviral therapy to chronic hepatitis B
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01610115
|Contact: Mei-Hsia Ku||886-3-3281200 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Yi-Cheng Chen||886-3-3281200 ext email@example.com|
|Chang Gung Memorial Hospital||Recruiting|
|Contact: Mei-Hsia Ku 03281200 ext 8114 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Yi-Cheng Chen, MD||Chang Gung Memorial Hospital|