Online Chronic Pain Therapy for Adults
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01600248|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 17, 2012
Last Update Posted : August 21, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Chronic Pain||Behavioral: Online ABBT for Chronic Pain in Military|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||25 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Online Chronic Pain Therapy for Adults|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2015|
This is an open-label pilot study with no control group. Participants pre-treatment scores are compared to their post-treatment scores.
Behavioral: Online ABBT for Chronic Pain in Military
Participants will complete an 8-module, self-paced, online program for chronic pain using Acceptance-Based Behavioural Therapy (ABBT) as the therapeutic modality.
- Change from baseline in McGill Pain Questionnaire - Short Form [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A brief self-report questionnaire that measures sensory and affective components of clinical pain.
- Change from baseline in Chronic Pain Acceptance Questionnaire - Revised [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A 20-item measure of acceptance of chronic pain with items scored from "0 = Never true" to "6 = Always true".
- Change from baseline in Pain Catastrophizing Scale [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]One of the most widely used instruments for measuring catastrophic thinking related to pain. A 13-item measure with items rated from "0 = Not at all" to "4 = All the time."
- Change from baseline in Tampa Scale for Kinesiophobia [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A self-report measure of fear of movement and/or re-injury. 17 items rated from "1 = strongly disagree" to "4 = strongly agree"
- Change from baseline in Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A self-rated questionnaire which assesses sleep quality and disturbances over a 1-month time interval
- Client Satisfaction Questionnaire [ Time Frame: At completion of module, approximately 8 weeks ]An eight item questionnaire regarding client satisfaction with the treatment.
- Change from baseline in Beck Depression Inventory - Second Edition [ Time Frame: 3 months ]A 21 item self-report measure of severity of depressive symptoms.
- Change from baseline in Beck Anxiety Inventory [ Time Frame: 3 months ]A 21-item self-report measure assessing severity of symptoms of anxiety
- Change from baseline in PTSD Checklist - Military Version [ Time Frame: 3 months ]A 17-item self-report measure assessing severity of PTSD symptoms related to stressful military experiences.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01600248
|OSI Clinic, Deer Lodge Centre|
|Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3J 0L3|
|Principal Investigator:||Pamela L Holens, Ph.D.||University of Manitoba|