Online Chronic Pain Therapy for Adults
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01600248|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 17, 2012
Last Update Posted : August 21, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Chronic Pain||Behavioral: Online ABBT for Chronic Pain in Military|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||25 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Online Chronic Pain Therapy for Adults|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2015|
This is an open-label pilot study with no control group. Participants pre-treatment scores are compared to their post-treatment scores.
Behavioral: Online ABBT for Chronic Pain in Military
Participants will complete an 8-module, self-paced, online program for chronic pain using Acceptance-Based Behavioural Therapy (ABBT) as the therapeutic modality.
- Change from baseline in McGill Pain Questionnaire - Short Form [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A brief self-report questionnaire that measures sensory and affective components of clinical pain.
- Change from baseline in Chronic Pain Acceptance Questionnaire - Revised [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A 20-item measure of acceptance of chronic pain with items scored from "0 = Never true" to "6 = Always true".
- Change from baseline in Pain Catastrophizing Scale [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]One of the most widely used instruments for measuring catastrophic thinking related to pain. A 13-item measure with items rated from "0 = Not at all" to "4 = All the time."
- Change from baseline in Tampa Scale for Kinesiophobia [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A self-report measure of fear of movement and/or re-injury. 17 items rated from "1 = strongly disagree" to "4 = strongly agree"
- Change from baseline in Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index [ Time Frame: 8 weeks ]A self-rated questionnaire which assesses sleep quality and disturbances over a 1-month time interval
- Client Satisfaction Questionnaire [ Time Frame: At completion of module, approximately 8 weeks ]An eight item questionnaire regarding client satisfaction with the treatment.
- Change from baseline in Beck Depression Inventory - Second Edition [ Time Frame: 3 months ]A 21 item self-report measure of severity of depressive symptoms.
- Change from baseline in Beck Anxiety Inventory [ Time Frame: 3 months ]A 21-item self-report measure assessing severity of symptoms of anxiety
- Change from baseline in PTSD Checklist - Military Version [ Time Frame: 3 months ]A 17-item self-report measure assessing severity of PTSD symptoms related to stressful military experiences.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01600248
|OSI Clinic, Deer Lodge Centre|
|Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3J 0L3|
|Principal Investigator:||Pamela L Holens, Ph.D.||University of Manitoba|