Mirtazapine Plus Gemcitabine Versus Gemcitabine in Metastasis Pancreatic Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01598584|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (Gemcitabine is not the first choice for most pancreatic cancer patients nowdays)
First Posted : May 15, 2012
Last Update Posted : September 28, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Pancreatic Cancer||Drug: Mirtazapine plus gemcitabine Drug: Gemcitabine, placebo||Phase 2 Phase 3|
The investigators design a phase II/III trial to compared Mirtazapine plus gemcitabine with gemcitabine in metastasis pancreatic cancer. The investigators planed to enroll 33 patients for each arm after randomization.
The inclusion criteria included:
- Patients shall have normal organic function such as liver function, Cardiac function and renal function.
- Before enrolled, anxious and depression states will be evaluated by the Hamilton degree of depression and anxiety scale. Only patients with definite depression and/or anxiety will be considering participating this trial.
- Pancreatic cancer patients with ECOG 1～2 scores will be enrolled.
- Patients should be expected to live no shorter than 1.5 months
The investigators will evaluated the quality of life by SF-36 scale as primary outcome. The second outcomes include anxious and depression scores, objective response rate, progress free survival, overall Survival and chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Care Provider)|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||A Phase II/III Prospective Randomized Placebo-control Trail Compare Mirtazapine Plus Gemcitabine With Gemcitabine in Metastasis Pancreatic Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2015|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2015|
Placebo Comparator: placebo plus gemcitabine
we design placebo plus gemcitabine as control arm
Drug: Gemcitabine, placebo
Gemcitabine 1.0g/m2,d1,d8,q3w placebo
Experimental: Mirtazapine plus gemcitabine
We design Mirtazapine plus gemcitabine as experimental arm
Drug: Mirtazapine plus gemcitabine
Mirtazapine,15mg/day for 3 days, If patients is durable, the dosage increase to 30mg/day, if the patient is durable, the doctor then will decided whether to increase to 45mg. Gemcitabine 1000mg/M2,d1,d8,q3w
- quality of life [ Time Frame: up to 3 years ]primary outcome is the quality of life evaluated by SF-36 scale
- anxiety and depression scores [ Time Frame: up to 3 years ]The second outcomes include anxious and depression scores
- objective response rate [ Time Frame: up to 3 years ]
- progress free survival, [ Time Frame: up to 3 years ]
- overall Survival [ Time Frame: up to 3 years ]
- chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting [ Time Frame: up to 3 years ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01598584
|Tianjin, Tianjin, China, 300060|
|Study Chair:||Yi Ba, MD, PHD||Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute and Hospital|