Exploration the Effect of Walking Program in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01595256|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 10, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 15, 2014
The aims of this four-year study are to
- explore the relationships between fatigue and muscle strength (i.e., upper limbs and lower legs)
- comparison with the effects of 8-week, 12-week moderate intensity of walking program on muscle strength and fatigue.
- develop a clinical guidelines of home-based walking program for patients with colorectal cancer receiving active treatment and survivors in Taiwan.
- explore the relationships among the self-report fatigue intensity and metabolism.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Colorectal Cancer||Behavioral: muscular strength||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||237 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Exploration the Effect of Individualized Home-based Walking Program on Muscle Strength and Fatigue in Patients With Colorectal Cancer Both During and After Treatment|
|Study Start Date :||October 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2013|
|Experimental: walking group||
Behavioral: muscular strength
12-week moderate intensity walking program
|No Intervention: usual care|
- Exploration the Effect of Walking Program in Patients With Colorectal Cancer. [ Time Frame: five-year study ]change of walking program on muscle strength and fatigue
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01595256
|National Taiwan University Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Shiow-Ching Shun, PhD||National Taiwan University|