Study of Lymphoma in Asia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01584141|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : April 24, 2012
Last Update Posted : October 19, 2017
- Lymphoma rates in Asia have been lower than in the West, but rates have been rising in recent years. Most studies of lymphoma patients have been conducted in the West. Less information is available about the factors that might contribute to the rise of lymphoma in Asia. Researchers want to collect medical and personal histories and samples from people who have recently been diagnosed with lymphoma. This information will help them study possible reasons for this increase.
- To collect samples and histories as part of an introductory study of lymphoma in Asia.
- People between 18 and 79 years of age who have entered study hospitals in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and mainland China for treatment for any type of lymphoma.
- Healthy volunteers between 18 and 79 who have never had lymphoma.
- Participants will be screened with a physical exam and medical history.
- They will provide blood samples and cheek cell samples for testing.
- Participants will complete a questionnaire about their personal health history. They will answer questions about exposures to chemicals like pesticides. They will also be asked about family medical history and work and residential history. Finally they will answer questions about lifestyle factors like diet and exercise.
- They will give permission for the researchers to see their medical records. Researchers will also have access to any tumor samples collected as part of treatment.
|Condition or disease|
|Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin Multiple Myleoma Lympocytic, Follicular Leukemia Hodgkin Lymphoma|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||13600 participants|
|Official Title:||A Multi-Center International Hospital-Based Case-Control Study of Lymphoma in Asia (AsiaLymph)|
|Study Start Date :||July 5, 2011|
- Evaluation of chemical exposures and genetic susceptibility [ Time Frame: 2020 ]
- Explore relationship between other factors (viral infections, UV exposure, medical conditions, and lifestyle factors and non-Hodgkin Lymphoma [ Time Frame: 2020 ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01584141
|Contact: Qing Lan, M.D.||(301) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tianjin Medical University Cancer Institute & Hospital||Recruiting|
|Hexi District, China, 300060|
|West China Hospital of Sichuan University||Recruiting|
|Sichuan, China, 610041|
|Queen Mary Hospital||Recruiting|
|Sai Ying Poon, Hong Kong|
|Buddhis Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital||Recruiting|
|Dalin Town, Taiwan|
|Principal Investigator:||Qing Lan, M.D.||National Cancer Institute (NCI)|