Neuroimmunology Branch Repository
- Information and samples collected from participants in medical research studies can be useful even after the original study is complete. Researchers can use the information and samples to learn more about multiple sclerosis or other immune system disorders. They can also be used for research into other disorders. Researchers would like to get permission to use samples collected from older studies to launch new lines of research.
- To look at information and samples from earlier National Institutes of Health Neuroimmunology Branch studies.
- People who provided samples and medical information for earlier studies.
- Researchers will contact people who took part in earlier studies. Researchers will ask if they can study previously collected data and samples.
- Data and samples may include physical exam data and psychological test results. Imaging study results are included. Preserved samples of body fluids and tissues may be studied. These include blood and urine samples.
- No new treatment will be provided as part of this research study.
|HTLV-1 Infection Multiple Sclerosis Neurologic Disorders|
|Study Design:||Time Perspective: Other|
|Official Title:||NIB Repository Protocol|
- Data samples will be analyzed as approved under original protocol and as amended with IRB approval. Data and samples that were obtained with consent for this study or with approval for future use may be analyzed on site or sent to a repository.
|Study Start Date:||July 14, 2011|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01581567
|United States, Maryland|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Principal Investigator:||Avindra Nath, M.D.||National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)|