Epidemiological Study to Describe Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Clinical Management Patterns in MENA. Lung-EPICLIN/ Gulf (Lung-EPICLIN/G)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01562665|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 26, 2012
Last Update Posted : May 24, 2016
The overall aim of the study is:
To provide accurate and reliable information regarding NSCLC clinical management across MENA region in order to detect unmet medical needs of this disease in terms of:
- Patient and hospital characteristics.
- Diagnostic and treatment approaches: initial and subsequent.
- Follow-up patterns in clinical management.
- Outcomes: symptoms, death, functionality, quality of life.
- Use of resources and burden on patients and health care systems.
|Condition or disease|
|Non Small Cells Lung Cancer|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||25 participants|
|Official Title:||Epidemiological Study to Describe NSCLC Clinical Management Patterns in MENA|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Sample of patients will be invited to complete Quality of Life|
- Use of health resources by collecting data about hospital description and characteristics, Disease Diagnosis Procedures and Therapy information [ Time Frame: April 2014(26 Months) ]
- Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) through self-administered questionnaires and the patients will be asked to complete them at each evaluation visit(25% of the whole sample) [ Time Frame: April 2014(26 Months) ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01562665
|United Arab Emirates|
|Alain - AbuAhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Principal Investigator:||Kakil Rasul, CONSULTANT||Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar|
|Principal Investigator:||Ahmed El Khodary, CONSULTANT||Kuwait Cancer Centre, Al Sabah Hospital, Kuwait|
|Principal Investigator:||Norbert Drier, CONSULTANT||Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Principal Investigator:||Farid Khalifa, CONSULTANT||Salmaniya Medical Complex, Bahrain|
|Principal Investigator:||Mohamed Jaloudy, CONSULTANT||Tawam Hospital ,Alain,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|