Internet Treatment for Weight Loss in Primary Care
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01558297|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 20, 2012
Results First Posted : June 4, 2015
Last Update Posted : July 1, 2015
This study will test the effectiveness of two distinct treatments for weight loss:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Nutritional Counseling. These treatments will be compared to Treatment as Usual. Participants will be recruited through local primary care offices.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Overweight Obese||Behavioral: Motivational Interviewing Behavioral: Nutritional Counseling Behavioral: Treatment as usual with primary care physician||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||89 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Internet Treatment for Weight Loss in Primary Care|
|Study Start Date :||April 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 2013|
|Experimental: Motivational Interviewing||
Behavioral: Motivational Interviewing
5 sessions of motivational interviewing over a period of 3 months.
|Active Comparator: Nutritional Counseling||
Behavioral: Nutritional Counseling
5 sessions of nutritional counseling over a period of 3 months.
|Active Comparator: Treatment as usual||
Behavioral: Treatment as usual with primary care physician
Participants will be encouraged to continue their care with their primary care physician.
- Body Weight in Pounds. [ Time Frame: 1.5 months after treatment start (Baseline) ]Body weight lost in pounds measured 1.5 months after first treatment session.
- Body Weight in Pounds. [ Time Frame: 3 months after treatment start (Baseline) ]Body weight lost in pounds measured 3 months after first treatment session.
- Body Weight in Pounds. [ Time Frame: 6 months after treatment start (Baseline) ]Body weight lost in pounds measured 6 months after first treatment session (3 month follow-up after active treatment ends).
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01558297
|United States, Connecticut|
|Yale School of Medicine|
|New Haven, Connecticut, United States, 06520|
|Principal Investigator:||Rachel Barnes, PhD||Yale University|