CAre of Patients With PArenteral Nutrition At Home (CAPANAH)
This research aims to give an overview of a number of aspects related to the quality of care for adult patients on home parenteral nutrition.
Concretely this study follows up different aspects on different moments in the care of the patient pathways:
- process indicators concerning indication, parenteral nutrition, training, team access roads and the succession of complications
- Outcome indicators
- the health-related quality of life
- discrepancies in medication use
- the role of the different health care providers
|Crohn's Disease Peritoneal Carcinomatosis With Intestinal Occlusion Radiation Enteritis Chronic Diarrhea Intestinal Lymphomas|
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Other
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Prospective Non-interventional Non-controlled Multicenter Observational Study to Evaluate the Quality of Care for Adult Patients on Home Parenteral Nutrition (HPN)|
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: 2 years ]Quality of life will be investigated with the HPN-QoL(r) or FACIT-G (r).
- Number of catheter related infections [ Time Frame: 2 years ]
|Actual Study Start Date:||May 2012|
|Study Completion Date:||April 2013|
|Primary Completion Date:||April 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Adult patients on HPN will be contacted by phone at three different time moments after their discharge to ask them about indicators, quality of life and discrepancies in medication use. After the follow-up, medical dossiers will be consulted to know which indicators are followed in practice.
The role of the different health care providers will be investigated by face-to-face interviews with different healthcare professionals.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01545063
|UZA Antwerpen Edegem|
|Imelda Ziekenhuizen Bonheide|
|University Centrum Brussel|
|AZ Sint Blasius Dendermonde|
|Ziekenhuis Oost Limburg|
|AZ Sint Lucas en Volkskliniek|
|Hasselt Jessa Ziekenhuizen|
|Leuven, Belgium, 3000|
|Heilig Hart vzw|
|Roeselare Menen, Belgium|