Description and Evaluation of Eating Disorders in Elite Athletes (TCA SHN) (TCA SHN)
Athletes in particular elite athletes have obsessional food and body concerns, in bond with a worship of the performance more and more invading, which lead to clinical and subclinical eating disorders. These eating disorders differ according to the disciplines and are difficult to diagnose in athletes because there are insufficiently described.
Our aim at estimating the frequency of eating disorders in athletes and describing eating disorders by means of somatic, dietetic and psychological evaluations.
Binge Eating Disorders
|Study Design:||Time Perspective: Prospective|
|Official Title:||Description and Evaluation of Eating Disorders in Elite Athletes|
- Presence of eating disorder [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
A subject presents an eating disorder if at least one of the tree clinical investigators (somatician, dietician, psychologist) mark it.
Eating disorders will be described by:
Dietetic consultation, Somatic examination, Psychological evaluation
- Presence of eating disorder according to the psychologist, dietician and the somatician [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Presence of eating disorder according to the psychologist, dietician and the somatician
- Sociodemographic variables [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]age, sex, sporting discipline exercised
- Doping conduits variables [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]age of onset of consumption (PAP support products performance) legal and illegal, current frequency of consumption of PAP licit and illicit consumption as problematic or not the patient.
- Investment in practice sporting variables [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Desired level of sports, number of hours per week over the last 4 weeks, up / concern of the sport.
- Addictives and psychiatric comorbidity [ Time Frame: 1 day ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]anxiety disorders, depression and sleep disorders Scale : GEEMS, EDI, EDS-R
|Study Start Date:||June 2010|
|Study Completion Date:||January 2013|
|Primary Completion Date:||January 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01544400
|CHU Nantes, France, 44000|
|Principal Investigator:||Stephane Pretagut||CHU de Nantes|
|Principal Investigator:||Serge Lise||University Hospital, Bordeaux|
|Principal Investigator:||Michel GUINOT||University Hospital, Grenoble|