Dose Finding and Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics Study of Apatinib in the Treatment of Advanced Colorectal Cancer
This study has been completed.
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd.
First received: February 7, 2012
Last updated: April 2, 2015
Last verified: February 2012
Apatinib is a tyrosin-inhibitor agent targeting at vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR), and it's anti-angiogenesis effect has been viewed in preclinical tests. The investigators' phase I study has shown that the drug's toxicity is manageable.
- Studying how well Apatinib works in treating patients.
- Finding the efficacy and safety of 500 mg or 750mg Apatinib.
- Exploring new outcome measures of antiangiogenic drugs.
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||A Random, Open, Dose Finding and Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics(PK/PD) Phase II Study of Apatinib Tablets in the Treatment of Advanced Colorectal Cancer
Primary Outcome Measures:
- ORR (Objective Response Rate) [ Time Frame: 12 weeks ]
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- DCR (Disease Control Rate) [ Time Frame: 12 weeks after treatment ]
- PFS [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
- OS (Overall Survival) [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
- QoL (Quality of Life) [ Time Frame: 3 years ]
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||November 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Experimental: Apatinib 500mg
500 mg,p.o.,qd, until disease progression or intolerable toxicity or patients withdrawal of consent.
Experimental: Apatinib 750mg
750 mg,p.o.,qd, until disease progression or intolerable toxicity or patients withdrawal of consent.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years to 70 Years (Adult, Senior)
|Sexes Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- ≥ 18 and ≤ 70 years of age
- Histological confirmed advanced or metastatic colorectal Cancer，at least one measurable lesion, larger than 10 mm in diameter by spiral CT scan(scanning layer ≤ 5 mm )
- Have failed for ≥ 2 lines of chemotherapy
- Life expectancy of more than 3 months
- ECOG performance scale ≤ 1
- Duration from the last therapy is more than 6 weeks for nitroso or mitomycin More than 4 weeks for operation, radiotherapy or cytotoxic agents
- Adequate hepatic, renal, heart, and hematologic functions (platelets > 80 × 10E+9/L, neutrophil > 1.5 × 10E+9/L, serum creatinine ≤ 1×upper limit of normal(ULN), bilirubin < 1.25 ULN, and serum transaminase ≤ 2.5× ULN)
- Child bearing potential, a negative urine or serum pregnancy test result before initiating apatinib, must agree and commit to the use of a reliable method of birth control for the duration of the study and for 8 weeks after the last dose of test article. Male: All subjects who are not surgically sterile or postmenopausal must agree and commit to the use of a reliable method of birth control for the duration of the study and for 8 weeks after the last dose of test article.
- Signed and dated informed consent. Willingness and ability to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plans, laboratory tests, and other study procedure.
- History of other malignancies except cured basal cell carcinoma of skin and carcinoma in-situ of uterine cervix
- Pregnant or lactating women
- Preexisting uncontrolled hypertension defined as more than 140/90 mmHg despite using single medical therapy, more than class I (NCI CTCAE 3.0 ) myocardial ischemia, arrhythmia(including QTcF:male ≥ 450 ms, female ≥ 470 ms), or cardiac insufficiency myocardial ischemia, arrhythmia, or cardiac insufficiency
- Before or at the same time any, second malignancies except cured basal cell carcinoma of skin and carcinoma in-situ of uterine cervix
- Any factors that influence the usage of oral administration Evidence of CNS metastasis
- URT: urine protein ≥ (++)and > 1.0 g of 24 h
- PT, APTT, TT, Fbg abnormal, having hemorrhagic tendency (eg. active peptic ulcer disease) or receiving the therapy of thrombolysis or anticoagulation
- Abuse of drugs
- Certain possibility of gastric or intestine hemorrhage
- Less than 4 weeks from the last clinical trial
- Viral hepatitis type B or type C
- Prior VEGFR inhibitor treatment
- Evidence of significant medical illness that in the investigator's judgment will substantially increase the risk associated with the subject's participation in and completion of the study
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01531777
|Fudan University cancer hospital
|Shanghai, Shanghai, China, 200000 |
Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd.
||Jin Li, MD
||Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd.
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||February 7, 2012
||April 2, 2015
Keywords provided by Jiangsu HengRui Medicine Co., Ltd.:
Advanced Colorectal Cancer
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on April 28, 2017
Digestive System Neoplasms
Neoplasms by Site
Digestive System Diseases