Effect of Post Discharge Follow-up on Readmission Rates for Congestive Heart Failure Patients
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01529463|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 8, 2012
Last Update Posted : March 1, 2013
|Condition or disease|
|Congestive Heart Failure Systolic Dysfunction|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||21 participants|
|Official Title:||Effect of Post Discharge Follow-up on Readmission Rates for Congestive Heart Failure Patients|
|Study Start Date :||January 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||September 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||November 2012|
- The time from hospital discharge to first hospital readmission or death. [ Time Frame: basline and 1 month ]The primary endpoint will be assessed as a continuous variable. Survival curves will be produced using Kaplan-Meier analysis for both the CHF Disease Management Group and the case control group. A Cox regression-based test will be used to test differences in survival between the CHF Disease Management Group and the case control group. If case control subjects cannot be exactly matched on covariates to CHF Disease Management subjects, inverse probability of treatment weights (obtained via logistic regression) will be applied to correct for covariate imbalances between the two groups.
- The time from hospital discharge to unplanned hospital admission for acute decompensated heart failure. [ Time Frame: baseline and 3 months ]3 months minus baseline
- Change in quality of life. [ Time Frame: baseline and 2 months ]Kansas City Living with Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire will be analyzed using a paired t-test comparing baseline and 2 month scores.
- Mean readmission cost for each patient for total cost for each readmission. [ Time Frame: baseline and 3 months ]Average costs for the medical management group versus the disease management group will be calculated.
- Improvement in knowledge of Heart Failure [ Time Frame: baseline and 2 months ]Atlanta Heart Failure Knowledge Test baseline score minus 2 month score
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01529463
|United States, Connecticut|
|Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center|
|Hartford, Connecticut, United States, 06105|
|Principal Investigator:||Richard J Soucier, M.D.||Saint Francis Hosptial and Medical Center|