Reducing Radioisotope Dose: the Half-Dose CZT Study
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Diagnostic
|Official Title:||Reducing Radioisotope Dose in Regadenoson SPECT Myocardial Perfusion Imaging: Comparison of Half-Dose Scans Using a Novel Solid-State-Detector Dedicated Cardiac Camera to Full Dose Scans Acquired On Standard Equipment|
- Image quality of the half-dose CZT versus full dose scans [ Time Frame: 1 Week ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Total radiation dose/exposure of the half-dose CZT vs. full dose scans [ Time Frame: 1 Week ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
- Total myocardial count activity and count rates obtained during each scan [ Time Frame: 1 Week ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Agreement between the half-dose CZT vs. full dose scans on the presence and extent of fixed or reversible defects on a per-patient and vessel basis [ Time Frame: 1 Week ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Agreement between the half-dose vs. full dose scans on gated data such as EF, left ventricular (LV) end-diastolic volume, LV end-systolic volume [ Time Frame: 1 Week ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||January 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||July 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||May 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Half-dose isotope for NuclearStressTest
Intervention is Nuclear stress test of the heart. Single-arm of this study "Half-dose of isotope for Nuclear stress test" is group of study subjects who will do Research Nuclear stress test with half-dose of isotope that normally used for routine Nuclear stress test. Isotope is the tracer CZT (cadmium zinc telluride) that used for Nuclear stress test routinely to see the function of arteries of the heart. Patients with suspected Coronary Artery Disease who meet entry criteria undergo a research nuclear stress test using a decreased dose of isotope, using a new camera.
Other: Half-dose isotope for NuclearStressTest
Half-dose of tracer or radioisotope will be used for Nuclear stress test of the heart. This is imaging test of the heart to see the function of arteries of the heart.
Other Name: SPECT using CZT
The aim of this study is to compare the image quality of the half radioisotope dose scans obtained using a CZT (cadmium zinc telluride) camera with scans acquired using a standard of care imaging protocol/radioisotope dose performed on a traditional (conventional) camera.
The proposed strategy of a half dose/extended time protocol with the CZT camera should yield a similar count activity and consequently image quality equivalent to that detected by a conventional SPECT system.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01518777
|Contact: Tatiana Belousova, MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Texas|
|Houston Methodist Hospital||Recruiting|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030|
|Contact: Tatiana Belousova, MD 713-441-3914 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Su Min Chang, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Faisal Nabi, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Su Min Chang, MD||The Methodist Hospital System|