DaHuang GangTsao Tang to Improve the Appetite Loss Condition of Cancer Patients (TCM)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01503346|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified January 2012 by Yu-De Liu, Changhua Christian Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : January 4, 2012
Last Update Posted : January 4, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Non-organic Loss of Appetite||Drug: DaHuang GanTsao Tang||Phase 2|
- 1. 2 grams of DaHuang abstract powder and 0.5 grams GanTsao abstract powder are mixed and separated into four packages;
- 2. each package was given to each patient four times a day (three time after meal and one time before sleep);
- 3. each patient received the usual medication of the hospice ward at the same time;
- 4. record the patients' score of pre-test, mid-test and after-test of QIPCTP at the 1st day, the 3rd day and the 6th day;
- 5. record the patients' score of EORTC QLQ-C30 V3.0 and ECOG (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Performance Status) at the 1st day and the 6th day.
- 1. each patient received the usual medication of the hospice ward during the trial interval;
- 2. record the patients' score of receive pre-test, mid-test and after-test of QIPCTP at the 1st day, the 3rd day and the 6th day;
- 3. record the patients' score of EORTC QLQ-C30 V3.0 and ECOG (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group Performance Status) at at the 1st day and the 6th day.
Medicine DaHuang herbal abstract powder is produced by Sun Ten Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, and it's product serial number: 276001. GanCao herbal abstract powder is also produced by Sun Ten Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, and it's product serial number: 185645. Each herbal abstract powder is qualified with the data of HPLC to confirm each content and stability. The pharmaceutical company is qualified by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certification in Taiwan.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||30 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||Taking Herbal Formula：DaHuang GangTsao Tang to Improve the Appetite Loss Condition of Cancer Patients in Late-stage：A Clinical Control Trial Study|
|Study Start Date :||March 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||September 2011|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 2012|
Active Comparator: herbal medicine
Drug: DaHuang GanTsao Tang
Other Name: Herbal Medicine Group
- appetite score [ Time Frame: 6 days ]The investigators detect the patients' appetite condition at the 1st,3rd and 6th day.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01503346
|Contact: Y D LIU, Masterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: S C YANG, Masteremail@example.com|
|Changhua Christan Hospital||Recruiting|
|Changhua City, Changhua Country, Taiwan, 500|
|Contact: Y D LIU, Master 886-988-285196 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: S C YANG, Master 886-937-251181 email@example.com|
|Study Chair:||Yu De LIU, Master||Changhua Christian Hospital|