Exercise in Sjogren, Myositis and Takayasu's Arteritis
Exercise may improve physical capacity and health parameters in Primary Syndrome´s Sjogren, Myositis and Takayasu's Arteritis.
Therefore, this study aims to investigate the role of an exercise training program in patients with Primary Syndrome´s Sjogren, Myositis and Takayasu's Arteritis.
|Study Design:||Allocation: Randomized
Intervention Model: Parallel Assignment
Masking: None (Open Label)
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Effects of Exercise Training in Primary Sjogren´s Syndrome, Myositis and Takayasu's Arteritis|
- Aerobic Capacity [ Time Frame: Twelve weeks ]Maximum Oxygen Consumption (VO2Max)
- Muscle strength [ Time Frame: Twelve weeks ]
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: Twelve weeks ]
- Serum anti-inflammatory cytokines [ Time Frame: Twelve weeks ]Interleukin-10
- Serum pro-inflammatory cytokines [ Time Frame: Twelve weeks ]Interleukin-1 (IL-1), interleukin-6 (IL-6), tumor necrosis factor-a (TNF-a)
- Serum inflammatory markers [ Time Frame: Twelve weeks ]erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), c-reactive protein (CRP), aldolase
|Study Start Date:||October 2011|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||July 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
|No Intervention: Sjogren and Myositis Control (no control for takayasu's)|
|Experimental: Sjogren, Myositis and Takayasu's Trained||
Other: Exercise training
"Sjöegren arm": 30-60 minutes of combined aerobic and strength exercises, twice a week, moderate intensity.
"Myositis arm": 30 minutes of resistance training combined partial blood flow restriction, twice a week, low intensity.
"Takayasu's arteritis arm": 30-50 minutes of aerobic, twice a week, moderate intensity.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01501019
|University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine Clinical Hospital||Recruiting|
|Sao Paulo, Brazil, 05403-010|
|Contact: Thalita Blasques Dassouki, MSc 55 11 2661-8022 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Ana Lucia Sa Pinto, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Bruno Gualano, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Fernanda R Lima, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Hamilton Roschel, PhD|
|Sub-Investigator: Sandra G Pasoto, PhD|