Invasive Candidiasis in ICU (ICIP-SA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01490684|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified August 2012 by Hasan Al-Dorzi, King Abdulaziz Medical City.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : December 13, 2011
Last Update Posted : August 15, 2012
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||170 participants|
|Official Title:||Invasive Candidiasis in Critically Ill Patients in Saudi Arabia: A Prospective Cohort Study|
|Study Start Date :||August 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||July 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2014|
- ICU mortality [ Time Frame: Patients will be followed while in the ICU and the vital status at the time of discharge from the ICU will be noted. The expected stay in the ICU is 10 days on average. ]For patients staying in the ICU for long periods, ICU mortality will be censored at 180 days after entry into the study.That is patient staying alive in the ICU more than 180 days will be considered alive.
- hospital mortality [ Time Frame: patients will be followed until discharge from the hospital and vital status at discharge from the hospital will be noted (expected hospital stay is 5 weeks). Hopsital mortality will be censored at 180 days after entry into the study. ]If patients are still alive at 180 days after entring the sudy, they will be considered hospital survivors.
- duration of mechanical ventilation [ Time Frame: date of extubtation minus date of intubation ]If multiple intubations in the same admission, then the durations of mechanical ventilation will be added.This will be assessed for up to 180 days of stay in the ICU.
- length of stay in the ICU [ Time Frame: date of discharge from ICU minus date of admission to ICU ]Patients will be followed for up to 180 days.Patinets alive in the ICU beyond 180 days of stay will have an ICU length of stay of 180 days.
- length of stay in the hospital [ Time Frame: date of discharge from hospital minus date of admission to hospital ]Patients will be followed for up to 180 days.Patinets alive in the hospital beyond 180 days of stay will have a hospital length of stay of 180 days.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01490684
|Contact: Hasan M Al-Dorzi, MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|King Abdulaziz Medical City||Recruiting|
|Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Contact: Hasan Al-Dorzi, MD 966535888632 email@example.com|
|Sub-Investigator: Yaseen Arabi, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Raymond Khan, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Sameera Al-Johani, MD|
|Sub-Investigator: Tarek Al-Dabbagh, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Hasan Al-Dorzi, MD||King Abdulaziz Medical City|