Pharmacokinetic (PK) Profiles of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate (TDF) 300 mg in Healthy Chinese Subjects (PK of TDF)
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: No masking
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||An Open-label Single and Repeat Dose Study to Investigate the Pharmacokinetic Profiles of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate 300 mg in Healthy Chinese Subjects|
- area under the concentration-time curve from time zero (pre-dose) to last time of quantifiable concentration (AUC(0-t)) [ Time Frame: up to 60 hours after single dose ]AUC(0-t) of single dose
- area under the concentration-time curve during steady state (AUC(0-τ)) [ Time Frame: up to 60 hours after repeat dose ]AUC(0-τ) during steady state
- adverse events (AEs) [ Time Frame: up to 20 days, from the first dose until the follow-up contact ]AEs accur during the study
- vital signs [ Time Frame: day 1 pre-dose, day 2, day 3, day 10 pre-dose, day 11, day 12 and day 13 prior to discharge from hospital ]blood pressure, pulse rate, respiratory rate and temperature
- lab assessment [ Time Frame: day 13, prior to discharge from hospital ]Haematology, Clinical Chemistry and Routine Urinalysis
- 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG) parameters [ Time Frame: day 13, prior to discharge from hospital ]the heart rate and measures PR, QRS, QT and QTc intervals. All ECGs must be evaluated for safety by a qualified physician.
|Actual Study Start Date:||December 5, 2011|
|Study Completion Date:||December 30, 2011|
|Primary Completion Date:||December 30, 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: TDF tablets
Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate tablets
Drug: TDF tablets
White, almond-shaped, film-coated tablets, one side with the markings "GILEAD" and "4331"
This will be an open-label, single group, single and repeat dose study with no placebo control in healthy Chinese subjects conducted at a single centre. The study will include a screening visit, single and repeat dose sessions and a follow-up contact.
The screening visit will be conducted up to 28 days prior to the first dose of treatment period 1. Screening assessments will occur as indicated in the Time and Events Table.
Subjects who meet the inclusion/exclusion criteria will be admitted to the study centre on Day -1 to undergo baseline procedures before the single dose session. Study medication will be administered the following morning (Day 1) for the single dose phase. Subjects will be required to fast for at least 8 h (overnight) prior to dosing until 4 h after dosing. Pharmacokinetic samples will be taken until Day 3.
The repeat dose session will begin on Day 4. Subjects will receive a once daily dose of TDF 300 mg in a fasted state each morning for 7 days. Subjects will be required to fast for at least 8 h (overnight) prior to dosing on Day 8 and Day 9, and for at least 8 h (overnight) prior to dosing until 4 h after dosing on Day 10. A trough pharmacokinetic sample will be collected before dosing on Day 8, Day 9 and a series of samples will be taken from Day 10 to Day 12.
Subjects will remain in-house from the evening before dosing (Day -1) until after the final pharmacokinetic sample has been collected on Day 12 and the final safety assessment completed on Day 13. Then subjects will be discharged from the study centre at the Investigator's discretion.
Subjects completing the dosing sessions will not be required to visit the study centre for a follow-up visit, unless the Investigator determines that it is necessary for safety or other reasons. All subjects will receive a follow-up contact by telephone or visit 7 days after the last dosing to collect any information on concomitant medication taken and AEs experienced since the last visit.
The total duration of each subject's participation, from screening to follow-up contact, will be approximately 7 weeks.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01480622
|GSK Investigational Site|
|Shanghai, China, 200030|
|Study Director:||GSK Clinical Trials||GlaxoSmithKline|