An Evaluation of Polymer Based Fiducials for Use in Imaging Patients Receiving Treatment for Prostate Cancer (Clarity)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01478412|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified December 2011 by John Chang, MD, ProCure Proton Therapy Center.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : November 23, 2011
Last Update Posted : December 7, 2011
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Prostate Adenocarcinoma||Other: Polymer based fiducial placement|
The investigators will also be assessing the following:
- Whether polymer-based markers can be adequately visualized on daily stereoscopic imaging compared to gold seed markers.
- Whether polymer-based markers are visible on ultrasound imaging.
- To determine if the polymer-based marker produces fewer artifacts on treatment planning CT scans than gold markers.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Official Title:||A Prospective Evaluation of Polymer Based Fiducials for Use in Imaging Patients Receiving Treatment for Prostate Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||December 2011|
Males with prostate adenocarcinoma
English speaking males with histologically confirmed prostate adenocarcinoma and diagnosis of low risk or intermediate risk prostate cancer.
Other: Polymer based fiducial placement
Fiducial marker placement with rectal ultrasound imaging.
- Ultrasound versus MRI image fusion for daily prostate positioning [ Time Frame: 4 months ]Determine if prostate target delineation obtained through an ultrasound based system is equivalent in accuracy to the MRI image fusion method, and if alighment crrection vectors obtained from ultransound imaging are of equivalent accuracy to orthogonal X-ray imaging for daily prostate positioning.
- Polymer based marker visualization [ Time Frame: 4 months ]To determine if polymer based markers can be adequately visualized on daily stereoscopic imaging compared to gold seed markers
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01478412
|Contact: Lori A Abruscato, BSemail@example.com|
|United States, Illinois|
|ProCure Proton Therapy Center||Recruiting|
|Warrenville, Illinois, United States, 60555|
|Contact: Lori A Abruscato, BS 630-821-6397 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: John Chang, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||John Chang, MD||ProCure Proton Therapy Center|