Infusion of Cell Populations From Unlicensed Umbilical Cord Blood Units
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01451502|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : October 13, 2011
Last Update Posted : January 5, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Lymphatic Diseases Hematopoietic Malignancy||Biological: Umbilical Cord Blood (UCB)|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||250 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Infusion of Cell Populations From Unlicensed Umbilical Cord Blood Units|
|Actual Study Start Date :||October 20, 2011|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2018|
Experimental: Unlicensed Umbilical Cord Blood Infusion
All patients will be registered in OnCore under this protocol as well as the specific treatment protocol.
Biological: Umbilical Cord Blood (UCB)
Infusion of Minimally Manipulated UCB Units - the UCB unit will be infused through a central line according to institutional guidelines.
- Incidence of Blood Borne Pathogen Transmission from Unlicensed UCB Units. [ Time Frame: Within 24 Hours Post Infusion ]Documentation of events for the purpose of this study will only be for those events at least possibly related to the unlicensed UCB. Monitoring for acute infusional toxicities will end 24 hours after the umbilical cord blood (UCB) infusion.
- Incidence of Serious Infusion Reactions of Minimally Manipulated Unlicensed UCB Units [ Time Frame: Up to Day 180 ]
- Number of the Desired Lineage Specific Cells in Minimally Manipulated Unlicensed UCB Units [ Time Frame: Prior to Infusion ]Upon thawing (e.g., number of CD34 and colony forming cells for hematopoietic products or number of CD4+/CD25+/CD127‐ cells for Treg products prior to further manipulation).
- Incidence of Mislabeled UCB Units [ Time Frame: Up to Day 180 ]
- Comparison of Specific Cord Blood Banks (CBBs) [ Time Frame: Up to Day 180 ]Determine if bacterial contamination, poor cell recoveries, shipment of mislabeled units, blood borne pathogen transmission or serious infusion reactions are more prevalent in units from specific CBBs.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01451502
|United States, Minnesota|
|Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota||Recruiting|
|Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55455|
|Contact: Claudio Brunstein, MD 612-625-3918 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Claudio Brunstein, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Claudio Brunstein, MD||Masonic Cancer Center, University of Minnesota|