Genotype-drive Study of Irinotecan-Cisplatin Combination for Advanced Gastric Cancer
This study has been completed.
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Jing Huang, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
First received: September 25, 2011
Last updated: May 2, 2014
Last verified: May 2014
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and safety of first-line chemotherapy with cisplatin and irinotecan in advanced gastric cancer, and try to find out the optimal dosage of combination chemotherapy.
Drug: irinotecan and cisplatin
||Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||Genotype-drive Phase II Study of Novel Irinotecan-Cisplatin Combination as First-line Therapy for Advanced Gastric Cancer
Primary Outcome Measures:
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- Time to event efficacy [ Time Frame: 1 year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
The secondary objectives of this study are to evaluate:
The following time to event efficacy measures:
- Duration of overall response for responding patients
- Time to documented progressive disease
- Overall survival
- The quantitative and qualitative toxicity of irinotecan plus cisplatin.
- Determinants of efficacy and toxicity of the treatment with irinotecan and cisplatin in the patient population by means of pharmacogenomic investigations: Quantitative analysis of UGT1A1 and ERCC1
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||May 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Experimental: single-arm Irinotecan-Cisplatin
Drug: irinotecan and cisplatin
irinotecan 125 mg/m2 will be administered as an intravenous (IV) infusion over half a hour on Days 1; Cisplatin 60 mg/m2 will be administered as an intravenous (IV) infusion on Days 2, and to take enough hydration in the day and the next day.
14 days as a cycle, up to 8 cycles.
Other Name: CAMPT
Open label single arm phase II study of cisplatin and irinotecan in patients with advanced gastric carcinoma not previously treated with palliative chemotherapy. 40 Patients will be enrolled in this local trial. The primary objective of this study is to determine the response rate of the treatment.Schedule for this study is as follows: 8 cycles/14 days of irinotecan 125 mg/m2 on Day 1 and cisplatin 50 mg/m2 on Day2. This study will also include genotype investigations of UGT1A1 and ERCC1 expression in order to assess determinants of efficacy and toxicity of the treatment with cisplatin and irinotecan in the study population.
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years to 70 Years
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Histologically proven diagnosis of adenocarcinoma of the stomach (including adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophageal junction)
- Stage III or Stage IV disease, according to American Joint Committee on Cancer criteria
- Patients with UGT1A1*28 genotype 6/6 or 6/7
- Performance Status of 0-2 on the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status Scale
- Previous adjuvant or pre-operative chemotherapy without containing irinotecan or platinum at least 6 months before enrollment
- Adequate organ function including the following:
Bone marrow: absolute neutrophil count (ANC) >or equal to 1.5 * 109/L, platelets >or equal to 100 *109/L, hemoglobin > or equal to 10 g/dL.
Hepatic: bilirubin < or equal to 1.5 x ULN; alkaline phosphatase, aspartate transaminase (AST) and alanine transaminase (ALT) < or equal to 3 x ULN (alkaline phosphatase, AST, ALT minor or equal to 5 x ULN is acceptable if liver has tumor involvement), serum albumin > or equal to3g/dL.
Renal: Calculated creatinine clearance major or equal to 60 ml/min (using the standard Cockcroft-Gault formula).
- No Prior palliative chemotherapy for advanced disease
- Previous radiation therapy is allowed but should have been limited and must not have included whole pelvis radiation. Patients must have recovered from the toxic effects of the treatment prior to study enrollment (except for alopecia). Prior radiotherapy must be completed at least 30 days before study enrollment
- Known or suspected brain metastasis
- Second primary malignancy
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01444521
|Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
|Beijing, China, 100021 |
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
||Jing Huang, M.D.,Ph.D
||Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
Satoh T, Ura T, Yamada Y, Yamazaki K, Tsujinaka T, Munakata M, Nishina T, Okamura S, Esaki T, Sasaki Y, Koizumi W, Kakeji Y, Ishizuka N, Hyodo I, Sakata Y. Genotype-directed, dose-finding study of irinotecan in cancer patients with UGT1A1*28 and/or UGT1A1*6 polymorphisms. Cancer Sci. 2011 Oct;102(10):1868-73. doi: 10.1111/j.1349-7006.2011.02030.x. Epub 2011 Aug 12.
||Jing Huang, Principle Investigator, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||September 25, 2011
||May 2, 2014
||China: Ministry of Health
Keywords provided by Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences:
advanced gastric cancer
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on May 04, 2016
Digestive System Diseases
Digestive System Neoplasms
Neoplasms by Site
Antineoplastic Agents, Phytogenic
Molecular Mechanisms of Pharmacological Action
Topoisomerase I Inhibitors