Dovitinib for Imatinib/Sumitinib-failed Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01440959|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 27, 2011
Results First Posted : March 3, 2014
Last Update Posted : March 3, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors||Drug: dovitinib||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||30 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Phase II Trial of TKI258 in Patients With Metastatic or Advanced Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST) After Failure to Imatinib and Sunitinib(CTKI258AKR01T)|
|Study Start Date :||September 2011|
|Primary Completion Date :||March 2013|
|Study Completion Date :||March 2013|
TKI258 at 500 mg/day on a 5 days on/2 days off dosing schedule
Other Name: A phase II study of TKI258
- Disease Control Rate (DCR; OR + Stable Disease) [ Time Frame: Up to 24 weeks ]
Per Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors Criteria (RECIST v1.0) for target lesions: Complete Response (CR), Disappearance of all target lesions; Partial Response (PR), >=30% decrease in the sum of the longest diameter of target lesions; Overall Response (OR) = CR + PR; Progressive disease (PD), >20% increase in the sum of the longest diameter of target lesions; Stable Disease (SD), Insufficient change to qualify for PR or PD
This was evaluated with abdominal and pelvic dynamic CT scan every 4 weeks for the initial 8 weeks, and then every 8 weeks.
- Overall Response Rate Using Both CT and PET Scans [ Time Frame: Up to 24 weeks ]PET scan will be performed at baseline and at 4 weeks of treatment. Metabolic response was defined based on the PET response criteria of the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC); a metabolic partial response (mPR) was defined as a 25% reduction in average SUVmax; metabolic stable disease (mSD) between a 25% decrease and 25% increase in average SUVmax; metabolic progressive disease (mPD) as a 25% increase in average SUVmax or the appearance of new uptake in metastatic lesions.
- Efficacy According to the Primary Mutation Type [ Time Frame: Up to 24weeks ]Correlation between efficacy results such as response, progression-free survival and overall survival, and primary mutation type including KIT exons 9, 11, 13, and 17 and PDGFRα exons 12 and 18.
- Efficacy According to the Concentrations of Circulating Growth Factors [ Time Frame: Up to 24weeks ]Correlation between efficacy results, such as response, progression-free survival, and overall survival andcirculating growth factors (including vascular endothelial growth factor, fibroblast growth factor, interleukin‐8, placental growth factor, and fibroblast growth factor23), and soluble receptors (including soluble form of membrane bound vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 and -2).
- Number of Participants With Adverse Events [ Time Frame: Monitoring of adverse events will be continued for at least 28 days following the last dose of study treatment, up to 3 year. ]Adverse events will be graded according to Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse events version 3.0, up to 3 year.
- Progression-free Survival [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]
Progression-free survival is defined as the time from the first treatment to the onset of progressive disease per RECIST criteria or to the date of death whichever comes first. For patients who do not experience progressive disease or death, the progression-free survival duration will be right censored on the last disease assessment date.
Progression is defined using Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors Criteria (RECIST v1.0), as a 20% increase in the sum of the longest diameter of target lesions, or a measurable increase in a non-target lesion, or the appearance of new lesions
- Overall Survival [ Time Frame: Up to 3 years ]Overall survival duration is calculated as time from the first treatment to the date of death. For patients who are still alive at the cut‐off date for statistical reporting, the overall survival duration will be right censored on the last known alive date.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01440959
|Korea, Republic of|
|Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine|
|Seoul,, Korea, Republic of, 138-736|
|Principal Investigator:||Yoon-Koo Kang, MD, PhD||Asan Medical Center|