Prospective Evaluation of Strontium in Patients After CardioGen-82 PET MPI Scanning at Two Clinical Sites
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01430975|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 9, 2011
Last Update Posted : April 25, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Radiation Exposure||Drug: CardioGen-82|
This clinical study protocol will use a three tier approach consisting of the following examinations:
- Patient examination with Survey Meter: The patient will first be tested at the clinical sites using a survey meter. In those patients whose radiation count is ≥ 2 times above background count using a standard survey meter, the presence of Sr-82 and/or Sr-85 will be assessed through a quantitative reading from a calibrated portable isotope identifier.
- Patient examination with Portable Isotope Identifier: This examination will be done by use of a portable isotope identifier, which will be supplied by the Sponsor to the study sites. An assessor, independent to the study site and will perform the examination. In those patients whose radiation count is ≥ 2 times above background count using a standard survey meter, the presence of Sr-82 and/or Sr-85 will be assessed through a quantitative reading from a calibrated portable isotope identifier. The reading will be forwarded along with the date of the reading, the date of the patient's CardioGen-82® scan, and the total dose of CardioGen-82® administered to the patient, to an independent medical expert, independent to the study site, who will back-calculate an estimated dose of Sr-82 and/or Sr-85 from these data.
- Patient examination at Oak Ridge National Laboratory: Any patient whose estimated dose of Sr-82 exceeds the specified limit of 0.02 microcuries per mCi Rb-82 administered, and/or whose estimated dose of Sr-85 exceeds the specified limit of 0.2 microcuries per mCi Rb-82 administered, will be asked to travel to Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee, for accurate whole body scanning. Scan data from Oak Ridge National Laboratories will be analyzed by one or more independent medical experts to accurately back-calculate exposure to Sr-82 and/or Sr-85, and to estimate health hazard for the patient.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||72 participants|
|Official Title:||A Prospective Study to Estimate Inadvertent Radiation Exposure From Strontium Isotopes in Patients Who Have Undergone CardioGen-82® PET MPI Scanning at Two Clinical Sites|
|Study Start Date :||September 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2012|
- Drug: CardioGen-82
CardioGen-82 was not administered as part of this trial but the patients enrolled had to have received CardioGen-82 previously
- Drug: CardioGen-82
Patients do not received CardioGen-82 as part of this study. To be in the study they would have had to receive CardioGen-82 previously.
- Determination of radiation exposure from Sr-82 and/or Sr-85 [ Time Frame: on average within 24 hours ]To determine radiation exposure from Sr-82 and/or Sr-85 in patients administered CardioGen-82® for PET MPI at the two sites reporting Sr-82/Sr-85 breakthrough
- Determination of extent of SR-82/Sr-85 exposure, if positive exposure is detected [ Time Frame: within 2 weeks ]To determine the extent of the Sr-82/Sr-85 exposure, in the subset of patients with positive testing exceeding the specified threshold for the breakthrough of Sr-82/Sr-85, by performing whole body scanning at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for eventual health hazard assessment
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01430975
|United States, New Jersey|
|Bracco Diagnostics, Inc.|
|Princeton, New Jersey, United States, 08540|
|Study Director:||Steven Sireci, M.D.||Bracco Diagnostics, Inc|