Syndecan-1 a Surrogate Marker for IBD (syndecan1)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01430039|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 7, 2011
Last Update Posted : April 8, 2015
Syndecan-1 is a protein on the surface intestinal cells. previous studies proved low levels of mucosal syndecan-1 levels on the surface of intestinal cells is patients with acute and chronic inflammation due to inflammatory bowel disease.
this protein might shed from cell surface to the serum. The investigators wish to prove that elevated serum levels of syndecan-1 may be predictive of disease presence, extent and severity, that buy taking a simple blood sample from patients diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease and comparing to normal subjects and to other markers.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Inflammatory Bowel Diseases||Procedure: blood sample Procedure: Blood sample - venous blood 10 ml.|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||42 participants|
|Official Title:||Syndecan-1 as a Surrogate Marker for Inflammatory Bowel Disease|
|Study Start Date :||October 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 2015|
Crohn's, ulcerative colitis
Patients with diagnosed with Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis who agreed to participate in the study and singed informed consent and answered a Crohn's disease activity index questioner for Crohn's disease or the ulcerative colitis activity index questioner for ulcerative colitis.
Procedure: Blood sample - venous blood 10 ml.
venous blood sample from a peripheral vein, 10ml total for blood count, total serum : protein, albumin, LDH, C-reactive protein,syndecan-1
Other Name: Syndecan-1
Healthy subjects with no known inflammatory disease. For basal serum levels of syndecan 1
Procedure: blood sample
Blood sample from a peripheral vein, 10ml total for blood count, total serum : protein, albumin, LDH, C-reactive protein,syndecan-1
Other Name: Syndecan-1
- Elevated serum syndecan-1 levels as a bio marker for IBD [ Time Frame: one year ]elevated serum syndecan-1 levels in patients with IBD compared to control
- Serum syndecan-1 levels and disease severity Crohn's [ Time Frame: one year ]Relationship between clinical data CDAI in crohn's patients and serum syndecan-1 levels
- Serum syndecan-1 levels and disease severity ulcerative colitis [ Time Frame: one year ]Relationship between clinical data UCAI ulcerative colitis patients and serum syndecan-1 levels
- Serum syndecan-1 levels and C reactive protein(CRP) Crohn's [ Time Frame: one year ]Relationship between lab data CRP levels in crohn's patients and serum syndecan-1 levels
- Serum syndecan-1 levels and C reactive protein(CRP) ulcerative colitis [ Time Frame: one year ]Relationship between serum CRP levels and serum syndecan-1 levels in patients with ulcerative colitis
Biospecimen Retention: None Retained
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01430039
|Meir Medical Center|
|Kfar Saba, Israel|
|Principal Investigator:||Assaf Stein, Md||resident|