GLORIA-AF Registry Program (Phase I)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01428765|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 5, 2011
Results First Posted : March 5, 2014
Last Update Posted : March 5, 2014
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||1096 participants|
|Official Title:||GLORIA-AF: Global Registry on Long-Term Oral Anti-thrombotic TReatment In PAtients With Atrial Fibrillation (Phase I)|
|Study Start Date :||May 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2013|
- CHADS2 Score [ Time Frame: Baseline ]CHADS2 score is based on a point system in which 2 points are assigned for a history of stroke or transient ischemic attack and 1 point each is assigned for age equal to or greater more than 75 years, hypertension, diabetes, or clinical heart failure or impaired left ventricular systolic function (generally interpreted as an ejection fraction ≤ 40%).
- CHA2DS2-VASc Score [ Time Frame: Baseline ]The CHA2DS2-VASc risk score is based on a point system in which 2 points are assigned for a history of stroke or TIA, or age ≥75; and 1 point each is assigned for age 65-74 years, a hypertension, diabetes, cardiac failure, vascular disease and female sex. On the basis of the risk strata defined in previous guidelines, a CHA2DS2-VASc score of 0 corresponds to "low risk", a score of 1 corresponds to "intermediate risk", and a score of 2 or more corresponds to "high risk".
- HAS-BLED Risk Score [ Time Frame: Baseline ]The HAS-BLED score is based on a point system in which 1 point is assigned for hypertension (systolic blood pressure >160 mmHg), 1 point for each of abnormal renal (presence of chronic dialysis or renal transplantation or serum creatinine ≥200 μmol/L) and liver (chronic hepatic disease or biochemical evidence of significant hepatic derangement) function, 1 point each is assigned for stroke, bleeding (previous bleeding history and/or predisposition to bleeding), labile Internation Normalized Ratios (INRs,unstable/high INRs or poor time in therapeutic range), age >65 years and 1 point each for drugs (such as antiplatelet agents, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or alcohol.
- Antithrombotic Treatment Choice at Baseline [ Time Frame: Baseline ]
- Gender [ Time Frame: Baseline ]
- Age Group [ Time Frame: Baseline ]
- Medical History [ Time Frame: Baseline ]
- Concomitant Medication [ Time Frame: Baseline ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01428765
Show 62 Study Locations
|Study Chair:||Boehringer Ingelheim||Boehringer Ingelheim|