Blood Mercury Levels Following Retrograde Amalgam Surgeries
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01428609|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 5, 2011
Last Update Posted : March 22, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Blood Mercury Concentration||Procedure: Amalgam||Phase 4|
- A total of 14 patients who needs surgical root canal therapy (SRCT) participated in this clinical study.
- The Isfahan University Human Subjects Review Committee approved the protocol of the study.
- All patients filled in the consent form.
- Apicoectomy with retrograde amalgam filling performed for all participant.
- Blood samples were collected in three period of time immediately before and immediately after each surgery and also one week later.
- Each time 10 ml blood was drawn from each patient.
- Analysis of total mercury in blood samples was performed using cold-vapor atomic absorption spectrometry
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||14 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Investigator, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Blood Mercury Levels Following Retrograde Amalgam Surgeries|
|Study Start Date :||September 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2009|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2010|
- Blood mercury concentration [ Time Frame: within the 7 days after surgery ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01428609
|Iran, Islamic Republic of|
|School of Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences|
|Isfahan, Iran, Islamic Republic of, 8174673461|
|Study Chair:||Masoud Saatchi, DDS, MS||Department of Endodontics and Torabinejad Dental Research Center, School of Dentistry, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences|