Regulating Urine pH Levels to Alleviate Chronic Joint Pain
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01421160|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (PI left the institution prior to any data being collected)
First Posted : August 22, 2011
Last Update Posted : May 16, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Arthritis||Drug: sodium citrate and citric acid||Phase 1|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||A Pilot Study to Assess the Effects of Regulating Urine pH Levels for Alleviating Chronic Joint Pain|
|Study Start Date :||July 2011|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||March 2012|
Drug: sodium citrate and citric acid
- Pre-and post test pain rating [ Time Frame: Six months ]At the beginning of the study, during office visits, and at the end of the study, subjects will be asked to visually and numerically rate their pain levels.
- Change in Urine pH from baseline [ Time Frame: Six months ]Subject's daily self-report of this measure will be provided to study investigator at each office visit.
- Changes in lab results (routine blood work) from baseline [ Time Frame: Six months. ]Assessed at the beginning, middle (3 months) and end of the six month study.
- Change in amount of alkalization medication taken daily [ Time Frame: Six months ]Subject's daily self-report of this measure will be provided to study investigator at each office visit.
- Daily food and beverage intake [ Time Frame: Six months ]Subject's daily self-report of this measure will be provided to the study investigator at each office visit.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01421160
|United States, Texas|
|Department of Anesthesiology; Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center; Paul L. Foster School of Medicine|
|El Paso, Texas, United States, 79905|
|Principal Investigator:||Dennis W Miller, MD||Department of Anesthesiology; Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center; Paul L. Foster School of Medicine|