Evaluation of the Occurrence of Acute Complications Caused by a Central Venous Catheter Placement (VVC)
It is an observational, prospective, monocentric study. The purpose of the study is to assess the acute complications rate caused by a central venous catheter placement.
All the patients who require a central venous placement could be enrolled in the study.
The study will not change the usual practice. The placement will be on day 1 and patients will be contacted by phone on day 7 to identify potential complications and to assess pain.
Anaesthesia staff will keep patients under surveillance to control the absence of late complications.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Evaluation of the Occurrence of Acute Complications Caused by a Central Venous Catheter Placement: Observational, Prospective, Monocentric Study|
- Estimate the acute complications rate [ Time Frame: From day 1 to day 7 ]Placement of the central venous catheter on day 1 and follow-up of potential acute complications
- Assess the preoperative anxiety [ Time Frame: On day 1 ]By means of Beck anxiety inventory
- Assess patients satisfaction about the catheter [ Time Frame: On day 7 ]By means of a questionnary filled in by patients at home
- Assess postoperative pain [ Time Frame: On day 1 and on day 7 ]The pain will be assessed on day 1 by a visual analogic scale and on day 7 by a verbal numeric scale
- Assess the rate of late complications [ Time Frame: Up to 1 year ]The anaesthesia staff will keep patients under surveillance for potential late complications.
|Study Start Date:||November 2011|
|Study Completion Date:||March 2013|
|Primary Completion Date:||March 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Central venous catheter
All patients who require the placement of a central venous catheter
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01405534
|Centre Léon Bérard|
|LYON Cedex 08, France, 69373|
|Principal Investigator:||Hervé ROSAY, MD||Centre Leon Berard|