Web-based Interactive Health Communication Application (IHCA) for Successful Home Dialysis (WISHED)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01403454|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : July 27, 2011
Last Update Posted : April 19, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Chronic Kidney Disease||Behavioral: Interactive Health Communication Application|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||152 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Official Title:||Web-based IHCA for Successful Home Dialysis|
|Study Start Date :||March 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2016|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2017|
|No Intervention: usual care|
|Active Comparator: Health Communication Application||
Behavioral: Interactive Health Communication Application
- Number of patients that start home-based dialysis. [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Difference between groups in proportion of patients starting home-based dialysis.
- Number intended to start home-based dialysis [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Difference between groups in proportion of patients intending to perform home-based dialysis
- Increase in dialysis knowledge [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Difference between groups in dialysis knowledge.
- Increase in decision making and social support. [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Difference between groups in decision conflict and sense of social support.
- Mortality differences [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Difference between groups in all-cause mortality.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01403454
|Contact: Scott K Brimble, MD||905-522-1155 ext firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Cathy Z Moreau, BSc||905-522-1155 ext email@example.com|
|St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton||Recruiting|
|Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L9N 4A6|
|Contact: Scott K Brimble, Dr. 905-522-1155 ext 33787 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Scott K Brimble, Dr.|
|Principal Investigator:||Scott K Brimble, MD||St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton|