Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorder Diurnal Glucose Patterns (REACT5)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01390636|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (The study was a collaboration that could not be effectively run.)
First Posted : July 11, 2011
Last Update Posted : November 26, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Type I Diabetes Mellitus Without Complication Eating Disorder|
The specific aims of the proposed research are to:
2.1 Determine the degree of variation in glycemic profiles of individuals with an Eating Disorder and Type 1 Diabetes (ED-DMT1) and an Eating Disorder only (ED/only); and
2.2 Determine the impact of nutritional intake and planned physical activity on glucose profiles of individuals with ED-DMT1 and ED/only.
These aims will be examined by characterizing:
- glucose exposure, as measured by area under the Ambulatory Glucose Profile (AGP) median curve;
- glucose variability, as measured by the AGP inter-quartile range; and
- glucose stability, as measured by change in the AGP median curve.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||1 participants|
|Observational Model:||Case Control|
|Official Title:||Characterizing Diurnal Glucose Patterns of Individuals With Type 1 Diabetes and Eating Disorders|
|Study Start Date :||July 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 2013|
ED-DMT1 and ED/only
Eating Disorder and Type 1 Diabetes and only an Eating Disorder
- Variation in Glycemic Profiles of ED-DMT1 and ED/only [ Time Frame: 10 days ]Determine the degree of variation in glycemic profiles of individuals with ED-DMT1 and ED/only using Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM). CGM will be graphically and statistically represented by an Ambulatory Glucose Profile (AGP).
- Impact of Dietary Intake on Glucose Profiles of ED-DMT1 and ED/only [ Time Frame: 10 days ]Determine the impact of dietary intake and planned physical activity on glucose profiles of individuals with ED-DMT1 and ED/only using Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM). CGM will be graphically and statistically represented by an Ambulatory Glucose Profile (AGP).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01390636
|United States, Minnesota|
|Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55416|
|Principal Investigator:||Mazze S Mazze, PhD||International Diabetes Center at Park Nicollet|