Irinotecan, Cetuximab and Everolimus to Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (ICE)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01387880|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : July 6, 2011
Last Update Posted : March 20, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Metastatic Colorectal Cancer||Drug: Everolimus||Phase 2|
- Number of patients with progressive disease that obtain disease control defined as the sum of patients that obtain a Complete Remission (CR), Partial Remission(PR, or stable disease (SD))
- Time to progression after first therapy.
- Length of disease control (CR, PR and SD)
- Survival from date of start of therapy.
- Safety and toxicity of the therapy graded according to Common Toxicity Criteria version 3.0
- Influence of smoking on disease control, response, survival and time to progression and other effect parameters in the investigation.
- Significance of metabolic response evaluated by a Photon Emissions Tomography (PET)/Computer Tomography(CT)scan.
- Blood: Examine the influence of potential predictive and prognostic tumour biomarkers in blood as lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), Human Epidermal growth factor Receptor 2 (HER-2), YKL-40, Interleukin-6 (IL-6) ,metallopeptidase inhibitor 1 (TIMP-1), procollagen type I N-terminal propeptide (PINP), Procollagen type 3 N-terminal propeptide (P3NP), gen-, micro-ribonucleinate (microRNA)- and protein array profiles, metabolomics and C-reactive protein (CRP) 2 weeks after start of therapy and thereafter every 8.weeks on disease control, response, survival and time to progression and other parameters investigated.
- Tissue: Examine possible predictive and prognostic biomarkers in tissue from primary tumour or metastases for micro-RNAarray profiles, mutations in K-RAS, murine sarcoma viral oncogene homolog (BRAF), Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PIK3CA), EGFR, tumor protein 53 (p53), and protein expression and polymorphisms of th phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN), epiregulin (EREG), amphiregulin (AREG), Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), IGF-1 Receptor (IGF-1R), VEGF, p53, topoisomerase 1 (Topo1), YKL-40, and TIMP-1
- Correlation between possible predictive and prognostic biomarkers in blood and tissue.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase II Examination of Irinotecan, Cetuximab and Everolimus to Chemotherapy Resistent Patients With Metastatic Colorectal Cancer and KRAS Mutations or After Progression With KRAS Wildtype on Irinotecan and Cetuximab - Effect and Biological Markers|
|Study Start Date :||January 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2012|
|Experimental: Cetuximab, everolimus, irinotecan||
Patients with KRAS mutant tumours are treated with cetuximab, everolimus and irinotecan as third line.
Patients with KRAS wildtype tumours that have progressed on therapy with cetuximab and irinotecan are treated with cetuximab, everolimus and Irinotecan.
1.66 mg per day up to 7½ mg per day
Active Comparator: Cetuximab, everolimus and Irinotecan.
Patients with metastatic colorectal cancer with KRAS mutant tumours are treated with cetuximab, everolimus and irinotecan.
Patients with KRAS wildtype colorectal cancer that have progressed on therapy with cetuximab and irinotecan are treated with cetuximab, irinotecan and everolimus.
1.66 mg per day up to 7½ mg per day
- Clinical benefit (SD+PR+CR) [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Clinical benefit is defined as the number of patients with stable disease lasting 2 months and partial response and CR as defined in RECIST 1.1
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01387880
|Herlev University Hospital|
|Herlev, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2730|
|Principal Investigator:||Benny V Jensen, MD||University of Copenhagen|