Outreach for Diabetes Cure
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01384045|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 28, 2011
Last Update Posted : December 18, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Type II Diabetes||Other: Health promotion outreach|
Show Detailed Description
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||2800 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||Randomized Trial of Health Promotion Outreach for Diabetes Cure|
|Study Start Date :||February 2009|
|Primary Completion Date :||June 2011|
|Study Completion Date :||June 2011|
No Intervention: Usual Care
Patients continue to receive usual diabetes care without outreach by health promotions staff.
Experimental: Arm 1-Health Promotoin Outreach
Active outreach by health promotion staff to send diabetes report card and schedule services including laboratory testing and visits.
Other: Health promotion outreach
Calling patients who are due for diabetes related services, sending them an interventional letter and assisting them in getting over due serves.
- Composite Measure of Guideline Concordance [ Time Frame: After 1 year ]
Composite measure of guideline concordance with 1 point for concordance with each of the following:
- hemoglobin a1c less than 7%
- ldl cholesterol less than 100 mgs per decaliter
- urinary micro albumin measured in preceding 12 months
- both systolic bp less than 130 mms mercury & diastolic bp less than 80 mms mercury
- Individual measures of guideline concordance [ Time Frame: After 1 year ]Individual measures of guideline concordance. Assessment of the outcome measures of the composite measures separately.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01384045
|United States, Colorado|
|University of Colorado Hopspital|
|Aurora, Colorado, United States, 80045|
|Principal Investigator:||Steven Ross, MD||University of Colorado, Denver|
|Principal Investigator:||Razzaghi Mitra, MD||University of Colorado, Denver|
|Principal Investigator:||Lobo Ingrid, MD||University of Colorado, Denver|