Web-based, Interactive Professional Education for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (WipeCOPD)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01377675|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : June 21, 2011
Last Update Posted : December 3, 2014
This study involves the development and evaluation of a web-based, interactive education program on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) for primary care clinicians.
The research questions that this proposal addresses include:
- Can an interactive, web-based COPD course be developed to disseminate evidence-based, best practice recommendations to primary care clinicians?
- Can assessment tools be developed to evaluate the impact of the program on clinician behavior in clinical practice and on patient care?
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Education of Primary Care Clinicians||Other: Education|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||10 participants|
|Official Title:||Assessment of an Interactive Education Tool to Disseminate Best Practice Recommendations on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease to Primary Care|
|Study Start Date :||April 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||September 2014|
Usual curriculum education program
Third year internal medicine residents
The third year internal medicine residents completed the usual curriculum for COPD and took one pretest and two posttests to validate the questions.
- Change in clinical practice [ Time Frame: 9 months ]
- Clinician knowledge and comprehension [ Time Frame: 9 months ]
- Clinician self-confidence [ Time Frame: 9 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01377675
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio|
|San Antonio, Texas, United States, 78229|