Web-based, Interactive Professional Education for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (WipeCOPD)
This study involves the development and evaluation of a web-based, interactive education program on chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) for primary care clinicians.
The research questions that this proposal addresses include:
- Can an interactive, web-based COPD course be developed to disseminate evidence-based, best practice recommendations to primary care clinicians?
- Can assessment tools be developed to evaluate the impact of the program on clinician behavior in clinical practice and on patient care?
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Cross-Sectional
|Official Title:||Assessment of an Interactive Education Tool to Disseminate Best Practice Recommendations on Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease to Primary Care|
- Change in clinical practice [ Time Frame: 9 months ]
- Clinician knowledge and comprehension [ Time Frame: 9 months ]
- Clinician self-confidence [ Time Frame: 9 months ]
|Study Start Date:||April 2011|
|Study Completion Date:||September 2014|
|Primary Completion Date:||September 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Usual curriculum education program
Third year internal medicine residents
The third year internal medicine residents completed the usual curriculum for COPD and took one pretest and two posttests to validate the questions.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01377675
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio|
|San Antonio, Texas, United States, 78229|