Ixabepilone and Temsirolimus in Treating Patients With Solid Tumors That Are Metastatic or Cannot Be Removed by Surgery
|Adult Solid Neoplasm||Drug: Ixabepilone Other: Pharmacological Study Drug: Temsirolimus||Phase 1|
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: No masking
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||Phase I Study of Ixabepilone and Temsirolimus in Adult Patients With Advanced Solid Tumors|
- MTD of the combination of ixabepilone and temsirolimus, defined as the dose level below the lowest dose that induces dose-limiting toxicity in at least one-third of patients (at least 2 of a maximum of 6 new patients) [ Time Frame: 21 days ]
- Best response, defined to be the best objective status recorded from the start of the treatment until disease progression/recurrence [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]Responses will be summarized by simple descriptive summary statistics delineating complete and partial responses as well as stable and progressive disease in this patient population (overall and by tumor group).
- Incidence of adverse events graded according to National Cancer Institute Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events version 4.0 [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]The number and severity of all adverse events (overall, by dose-level, and by tumor group) will be tabulated and summarized in this patient population.
- Incidence of overall toxicity graded according to Common Toxicity Criteria standard grading [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]Frequency distributions, graphical techniques and other descriptive measures will form the basis of these analyses.
- Time to progression [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]
- Time to treatment failure [ Time Frame: From registration to documentation of progression, unacceptable toxicity, or refusal to continue participation by the patient, assessed up to 3 months ]
- Time until any treatment related toxicity [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]
- Time until hematologic nadirs (white blood cells, absolute neutrophil count, platelets) [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]
- Time until treatment related grade 3+ toxicity [ Time Frame: Up to 3 months ]
|Actual Study Start Date:||June 27, 2011|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||June 30, 2017 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Experimental: Treatment (ixabepilone, temsirolimus)
Patients receive ixabepilone IV over 3 hours on day 1 and temsirolimus IV over 30-60 minutes on days 1 and 8. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Other Names:Other: Pharmacological Study
Correlative studiesDrug: Temsirolimus
I. To determine the maximally tolerated dose (MTD) of the combination of ixabepilone and temsirolimus in patients with advanced solid tumors.
II. To describe toxicity profiles associated with the combination of ixabepilone and temsirolimus.
III. To assess preliminary efficacy of the combination of ixabepilone and temsirolimus.
OUTLINE: This is a dose-escalation study.
Patients receive ixabepilone intravenously (IV) over 3 hours on day 1 and temsirolimus IV over 30-60 minutes on days 1 and 8. Courses repeat every 21 days in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed up for 3 months.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01375829
|United States, Florida|
|Mayo Clinic in Florida|
|Jacksonville, Florida, United States, 32224-9980|
|United States, Minnesota|
|Rochester, Minnesota, United States, 55905|
|Principal Investigator:||Keith Bible||Mayo Clinic|