Screening Volunteers for Clinical Trials
- The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at the National Institutes of Health needs healthy volunteers for vaccine clinical trials. These trials will allow researchers to study vaccines and injection devices. These studies will also allow researchers to understand the immune system and how vaccines work. In this protocol, researchers will screen healthy volunteers for these future trials.
- To screen healthy volunteers for clinical trials at the NIAID.
- Healthy people between 18 and 70 years of age. They must be available to take part in clinical trials and be able to provide blood for research studies.
- Screening for a clinical trial may begin several months before the vaccine clinical trial begins.
- Volunteers will be screened with a physical exam and medical history. They may also answer questions about sexual activity and drug use.
- Volunteers will provide blood samples and possibly urine samples. They may have other tests as needed for the study.
- Volunteers will not receive any treatment in this screening trial.
|Official Title:||VRC 500:Screening of Volunteers for Clinical Trials of Investigational Products and Licensed Products Evaluated for Research Purposes|
- To screen subjects for their eligibility to participate in clinical trials ofinvestigational products or licensed products being evaluated for research purposes. [ Time Frame: Ongoing ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||May 2011|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01375530
|Contact: Ingelise Gordon, R.N.||(301) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States, Georgia|
|Hope Clinic - Emory Vaccine Ctr||Recruiting|
|Decatur, Georgia, United States, 30030|
|United States, Maryland|
|University of Maryland, Baltimore||Recruiting|
|Baltimore, Maryland, United States, 21201-1595|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike||Recruiting|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Contact: VRC Clinic 301-451-8715 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Julie E Ledgerwood, D.O.||National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)|