Protein Biomarker Levels in Tissue Samples From Young Patients With Low-risk Hodgkin Lymphoma
RATIONALE: Studying samples of tissue from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors identify and learn more about changes that occur in DNA and identify biomarkers related to cancer. It may also help doctors predict how patients will respond to treatment.
PURPOSE: This research trial is studying protein biomarker levels in tissue samples from young patients with low-risk Hodgkin lymphoma.
|Lymphoma||Genetic: microarray analysis Genetic: protein expression analysis Other: immunohistochemistry staining method Other: laboratory biomarker analysis|
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case Control
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Investigation to Evaluate the Levels of Human Germinal-center-Associated Lymphoma (HGAL) Protein in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma and Correlate With Early Response|
- Variability of HGAL protein expression in pediatric patients with low-risk classical Hodgkin lymphoma (cHL)
- Variability of HGAL staining between low-risk and intermediate-risk pediatric patients with cHL
- Variability of HGAL staining as assessed by tissue array in pediatric patients with intermediate-risk cHL
- Correlation of rapid or slow early response in the intermediate-risk group with HGAL protein expression
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
|Study Start Date:||May 2011|
|Study Completion Date:||May 2016|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2016 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- To investigate the variability of expression of human geminal-center-associated lymphoma (HGAL) protein in pediatric low-risk Hodgkin lymphoma.
- To assess the variability of HGAL staining between risk groups by comparing samples from subjects enrolled in the low-risk study AHOD0431 with subject samples enrolled in AHOD0031 for intermediate-risk classical Hodgkin Lymphoma (cHL).
- To assess the variability of HGAL staining by evaluating a tissue array created from subjects with intermediate-risk cHL.
- To correlate rapid or slow early-response in the intermediate-risk group with HGAL protein expression.
OUTLINE: Paraffin-embedded tissue samples and tissue microarrays are analyzed for protein expression by IHC.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01366157
|Principal Investigator:||Frank G. Keller, MD||Emory Children's Center - Atlanta|