The Effect of 1 Year of Multiprofessional Therapy on Obesity
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Know the risks and potential benefits of clinical studies and talk to your health care provider before participating. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01358773|
Recruitment Status : Recruiting
First Posted : May 24, 2011
Last Update Posted : June 30, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Obesity||Other: multidisciplinary intervention||Early Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||150 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Multiprofessional Impact on Body Composition, Central and Peripheric Adiposity, Lipid Profile, Hormonal Regulation, Lung, Sleep and Humor Disorders in Adolescents|
|Study Start Date :||February 2004|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2004|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2016|
Obese adolescents are encouraged to improve their lifestyle
Other: multidisciplinary intervention
Comparison of the polysomnography results, blood collection parameters, resting metabolic rate values, body composition variables, carotid artery thickness values, abdominal and subcutaneous fat and lung function variables baseline, middle and at the end of the one year of interdisciplinary weight loss program combined exercise training with physiotherapy, clinical, nutritional and psychological therapies.
Other Name: Interdisciplinary therapy
- Body composition [ Time Frame: six months ]The body composition was measured by plethysmography and by densitometry.
- visceral and subcutaneous fat were analyzed by ultrasound [ Time Frame: six months ]The visceral and subcutaneous fat were analyzed by ultrasound
- Serum analysis [ Time Frame: six months ]The serum analysis was done by blood samples that were collected at the outpatient clinic around 8 a.m. after an overnight fast by a skilled and qualified technician.
- Lung function [ Time Frame: six months ]The lung function was measured with a spirometer EasyOne® model 2001 (Zurich, CH) according to American Thoracic Society criteria.
- Arterial intima-media thickness [ Time Frame: six months ]The arterial intima-media thickness was measured by High-resolution ultrasound equipment with a 7-14 MHz linear array transducer.
- Sleep parameters [ Time Frame: six months ]The sleep parameters were evaluated by polysomnography and specific questionnaires.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01358773
|São Paulo, SP, Brazil, 04023-900|
|Contact: Ana R Dâmaso, post PhD ++55 (011) 55720177 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator:||Ana R Dâmaso, PhD||Universidade Federal de São Paulo- UNIFESP - Escola Paulista de Medicina - EPM|