Vincristine and Irinotecan With or Without Temozolomide in Children and Adults With Refractory/Relapsed Rhabdomyosarcoma (VIT-0910)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01355445|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : May 18, 2011
Last Update Posted : June 15, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|RHABDOMYOSARCOMA||Drug: Vincristine, Irinotecan Drug: Vincristine, Irinotecan, Temozolomide||Phase 2|
The dose of vincristine will be 1.5 mg/m² or 0.05 mg/kg for patient ≤ 10 kg (maximum 2 mg) and will be administered by direct intravenous infusion on day 1 and 8 of each course, before irinotecan.
The dose of irinotecan will be 50 mg/m²/d. Irinotecan will be given intravenously over 1 hour on days 1-5 of each course, one hour following the administration of temozolomide.
In the absence of any contraindication (ie known allergies), treatment with oral cefixime 8 mg/kg once daily (maximum daily dose 400 mg) is recommended and will be started 2 days before chemotherapy until day 7.
Temozolomide will be given according to the randomization. The starting dose of temozolomide will be 125 mg/m²/d. The dose of temozolomide will be escalated to 150 mg/m²/day at cycle 2 for patients who do not experience > grade 3 toxicity of any kind. Temozolomide will be given orally, on an empty stomach, on days 1 through 5 of each course.
Dose reductions and/or administration delays will be performed using specific predefined rules to accommodate individual patient tolerance of treatment and to maintain optimal dose intensity.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||120 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||International Randomized Phase II Trial of the Combination of Vincristine and Irinotecan With or Without Temozolomide (VI or VIT) in Children and Adults With Refractory or Relapsed Rhabdomyosarcoma|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2018|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||September 2023|
Active Comparator: Vincristine / Irinotecan
Vincristine, Irinotecan Vincristine :1.5 mg/m² (max 2mg), IV Irinotecan : Irinotecan 50 mg/m²/d, IV
Drug: Vincristine, Irinotecan
Other Name: Vincristine-Irinotecan
Experimental: Vincristine / Irinotecan / Temozolomide
Vincristine, Irinotecan, Temozolomide
Drug: Vincristine, Irinotecan, Temozolomide
Other Name: Vincristine-Irinotecan-Temozolomide
- Objective tumour response and progression in each treatment arm. [ Time Frame: at least 6 weeks (two cycles of treatment) ]The primary efficacy endpoint is defined as the proportion of patients who had a documented complete or partial tumour response occurring after the first 2 cycles of treatment which must be confirmed by a follow-up objective tumour assessment obtained within 4-5 weeks after the initial documentation.
- To assess the duration of tumor response in each treatment arm [ Time Frame: During all the study ]The duration of tumour response is defined as the time from first documentation of objective tumour response to the first objective or clinical documentation of progression
- To determine the time to tumor progression in each treatment arm [ Time Frame: During all the study ]The time to tumor progression: the time from the date of first treatment administration to the date of first objective or clinical documentation of tumour progression or death due to any cause
- To assess the time to treatment failure in each treatment arm [ Time Frame: Before 1 year ]The time to treatment failure is defined as the time from the date of first treatment administration to the first documentation of tumour progression, discontinuation of study treatment before one year, or death, whichever occurs first
- To assess the overall survival in each treament arm [ Time Frame: During all the study ]The overall survival is defined as the time from the date of first treatment administration to date of death
- To assess the safety profile and tolerability in each treatment arm [ Time Frame: During all the study ]
Safety parameters include adverse events and haematology and blood chemistry assays.
Safety evaluations will include characterization of the frequency and severity of adverse events, complete blood cell counts with differential, serum chemistries and electrolytes, and change in weight and body surface area (BSA).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01355445
|Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord|
|Amiens, France, 80000|
|Hôpital des Enfants, Groupe Hospitalier Pellegrin|
|Bordeaux, France, 33076|
|Clermont ferrand, France, 63003|
|Centre Oscar Lambret|
|Lille cedex, France, 59020|
|Centre Léon Bérard|
|CHU, Hôpital d'Enfants de la Timone|
|Hôpital Arnaud de Villeneuve - CHU|
|CHU, Hôpital Mère enfants|
|Hôpital Armand Trousseau|
|Hôpital Jean Bernard|
|CHU - Hôpital Américain|
|CHU Rennes - Hôpital Sud|
|CHU St Etienne - Hôpital Nord|
|Hôpital de Hautepierre|
|Hôpital des enfants|
|CHRU Hôpital d'Enfants|
|Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France|
|Institut Gustave Roussy|
|Principal Investigator:||Anne-Sophie DEFACHELLES, MD||Centre Ocsar Lambet, Lille, France|
|Principal Investigator:||Julia CHISHOLM, MD||Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Surrey, Uinted Kingdom|
|Principal Investigator:||J.H.M. MD MERKS||Emma Children's Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
|Principal Investigator:||Michela CASANOVA, MD||Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy|
|Principal Investigator:||Soledad GALLEGO, MDn||Hospital Materno - Infantil Vall D' Hebron, Barcelona, Spain|