Effect of Resveratrol on Age-related Insulin Resistance and Inflammation in Humans
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01354977|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified May 2011 by Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Inc..
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : May 17, 2011
Last Update Posted : May 17, 2011
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Insulin Resistance||Drug: Resveratrol||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||80 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Effect of Resveratrol on Age-related Insulin Resistance and Inflammation in Humans|
|Study Start Date :||March 2008|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2015|
1,000mg twice daily for 28 days
- Peripheral Insulin Sensitivity [ Time Frame: Four weeks ]We will measure peripheral insulin sensitivity by determining the rate of glucose uptake
- Hepatic insulin sensitivity [ Time Frame: 4 weeks ]Endogenous glucose production will be used to determine hepatic insulin sensitivity
- Muscle mitochondrial function [ Time Frame: 4 weeks ]Muscle mitochondrial structure by electron microscopy and function by enzymatic assays.
- Inflammatory and Anti-inflammatory Markers in adipose tissue [ Time Frame: 1 month ]Inflammatory Markers: PAI-1, IL-6, TNF-a, iNOS Anti-inflammatory Markers: Adiponectin, Arginase 1 Will be measured in plasma
- Neuropsychological assessment [ Time Frame: pre and post clamp studies (4 weeks) ]Neuropsychological testing will be performed to assess cognitive function.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01354977
|Contact: Stephanie Lawrenceemail@example.com|
|United States, New York|
|Albert Einstein College of Medicine||Recruiting|
|Bronx, New York, United States, 10461|
|Contact: Stephanie Lawrence 718-430-2903 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Preeti Kishore, MD|