CKD-828(80/2.5mg) Pharmacokinetic Study_2nd
This study has been completed.
Information provided by:
Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical
First received: May 11, 2011
Last updated: June 6, 2011
Last verified: April 2011
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the pharmacokinetic characteristics of CKD-828(Fixed Dose Combination Tablet; Telmisartan and S-Amlodipine) in healthy volunteer.
Drug: Combination Therapy
Endpoint Classification: Pharmacokinetics Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||Open Label, Randomized, Single-dose, Crossover Study to Evaluate the Pharmacokinetic Characteristics of Telmisatan 80mg and S-Amlodipine 2.5mg as a Fixed Dose Combination Tablet Compared With Combination Therapy in Healthy Volunteers
Primary Outcome Measures:
- The area under the plasma concentration-time curve (AUC) and Cmax after administration of CKD-828(Fixed Dose Combination) tablet and co-administration of corresponding dose of Telmisartan and S-Amlodipine as individual tablets. [ Time Frame: up to 168 hous postdose ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- Tmax and t1/2 after administration of CKD-828(Fixed Dose Combination) tablet and co-administration of corresponding dose of Telmisartan and S-Amlodipine as individual tablets. [ Time Frame: up to 168 hours postdose ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
- Number of Participants with Adverse Events as a Measure of Safety and Tolerability [ Time Frame: up to 22days ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||May 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Experimental: CKD-828(Fixed Dose Combination)
Single oral dose of a FDC tablet consisting of Telmisatan 80mg/S-Amlodipine 2.5mg
Drug: Telmisartan 80mg + S-Amlodipine 2.5mg(FDC) Tablet, Oral, Once Daily
Experimental: Free combination Therapy
Co-administration of single oral doses of a 80mg tablet of Telmisatan and a 2.5 mg tablet of S-Amlodipine
Drug: Combination Therapy
Drug: Telmisatan 80mg Tablet, Oral, Once Daily
Drug: S-Amlodipine 2.5mg Tablet, Oral, Once Daily
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||20 Years to 55 Years
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- A healthy volunteer between 20 and 55 years old with body weight within 20% of ideal body weight.
- Have not any congenital or chronic diseases and medical symptom.
- Appropriate for the study judging from examinations(interview, vital signs, 12-lead ECG, physical examination, blood, urinalysis result on screening).
- Able to participate in the entire trial.
- Signed the informed consent form prior to the study participation.
- Take metabolic enzyme inducing or inhibiting drugs like barbiturates within 28 days prior to the first IP administraion.
- Take oriental medicine inside St John's Wort or metabolism of CYP3A4 enzyme or inhibite the CYP enzyme or increase the making drugs(itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycine, clarithromycine, telithromycin, HIV protease inhibitor)
- Disease(ex: imflammatory intestinal disease, gastric or duodenal ulcer ,hepatic diseasehistory , gastro intestinal surgery exept for appendectomy)that may influence on the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of the drug(s).
- Relevant hypersensitivity against drug or clinically significant allergic diseases except mild rhinitis that doesn't need medication.
- Hypersensitivity Telmisartan or Amlodipine.
- SBP<90mmHg, 150mmHg<SBP or DBP<50mmHg, 100mmHg<DBP.
- Abnormal laboratory result(s): AST or ALT > 1.25 times of upper limit / Total bilirubin > 1.5 times of upper limit.
- Creatinine Clearance<80mL/min
- Clinically significant cardiovascular system, pulmonary system, liver system, renal system, blood system, nervous system or hyperpotassemia (Past history or present)
- History of drug abuse(sleeping tablet, nucleus action painkiller, an opiate or psychotrope etc the central nervous system drug)or showed a positive for the urine screening exam.
- any abnormal diet which might significantly alter the absorption, distribution, metabolism, or excretion of investigational products(ex. drinking grapefruit juice(more than 1L per a day) during 7 weeks prior to the first IP administration.)
- A heavy caffeine consumer (more than 5 cups per a day) or a heavy smoker(more than 10 cigarettes per a day) or a regular alcohol consumer(more than 30g/day) or drinking within 7days prior to the first IP administration.
- Previously donate whole blood within 60 days or component blood within 30 days prior to the first IP administraion.
- Medication within 7 days in the first IP administraion professional medical, medicine, OTC taking
- Participated in the other clinical trials within 60days prior to the first IP administraion.
- An impossible one who participates in clinical trial by investigator's decision
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
No Contacts or Locations Provided
No publications provided
||Jin Kim / Director, Clincal Research Department
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||May 11, 2011
||June 6, 2011
||Korea: Food and Drug Administration
Keywords provided by Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical:
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on April 16, 2015
Calcium Channel Blockers
Membrane Transport Modulators
Molecular Mechanisms of Pharmacological Action